Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rcr0412

Anyone Notice Breakouts with Sugar ?

I have gone gluten free for nearly a month and i notice great improvement, it seems as if even if i eat foods high in sugar (not added sugar) i tend to have small breakouts. some of the foods are apples, apricots, gluten free cookies, nothing with added sugar. does anyone notice this

I have gone gluten free for nearly a month and i notice great improvement, it seems as if even if i eat foods high in sugar (not added sugar) i tend to have small breakouts. some of the foods are apples, apricots, gluten free cookies, nothing with added sugar. does anyone notice this

I think that if anybody is still using any added sugar in their diet, they're not being serious about their acne at all.

I would continue to eat fruit daily only try eating fruits low in sugar with more fiber, the apples you mentioned are good, even better when eaten with a meal, berries are a good low GI fruit , some melons are low try to avoid sugary watermelon and such , grapes are okay in moderation. basicly you dont want to just sit down and eat fruit all at on time as this could give your blood sugar a rush, increase insulin. I know some people can not eat nuts or fish they will break out. I however eat my apples or fruit with nuts like walnuts that have omega 3 fats in them , supposedly good for skin. I also eat my fruit with a little salmon, sometimes i eat my sweets or even a little candy with almond butter, or soynut butter. our bodies are so different we need to experiment with what we eat to find out our own triggers. I know some can even tolerate dairy as i can not. basicly try first eating your fruit with meals that are high in fiber. That is my advice to you.

That's interesting that it works for some of you. I have tried cutting back on sugar, but didn't really notice much of a difference. That might have been because I didn't quit it all the way. Maybe I will try doing a low-sugar diet again. It is so hard to not eat anything with sugar when family members are constantly offering junk foods though.