Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
junebug1991

What (real) milk is allowed?

So here are the characteristics of the milk: organic, no pesticides, hormones, etc. it's not whole milk and also it is for those who are lactose intolerant.

How safe is this? (acne-wise obviously)

Milk is for baby animals and contains lots of nasty hormones meant for the growing calves.

Cow milk was never meant for human consumption....

Even cows stop drinking milk. lol

Casein is a protease inhibitor so it screws up many enzymatic processes in the body. Enzymes are what allows us to live and breath, so screwing with the enzymes is something I don't want to do.

Casein is a protease inhibitor so it screws up many enzymatic processes in the body. Enzymes are what allows us to live and breath, so screwing with the enzymes is something I don't want to do.

to be honest i don't think 'normal milk'the one many eat with cereal is so good and i personally think it woulda have affected me if i started to drink it again.

but i think that kefir is beneficial because of the flora and it is a good probiotic.

i atleast haven't noticed any changes in my skin because of starting to drink it again. but then again, i haven't tested to see if i am lactose intolorant, that just something i think.

So here are the characteristics of the milk: organic, no pesticides, hormones, etc. it's not whole milk and also it is for those who are lactose intolerant.

How safe is this? (acne-wise obviously)

same here, I'm allergic to any milk and get asthma from it as well. I just drink silk milk its safe for me

I'm not allergic to it per say, I've been drinking it my whole life! However, I did notice some stomach upset when I tried milk after 2 weeks to experiment...although that could have been purely psychological.