Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is pretty bad. I have moderate acne.. My forehead is covered by my fringe, but I'd like to cover the acne on my jawline and cheeks. Right now I'm using Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse. When I apply it at home, it covers blemishes, though my skin still looks bumpy :\ and after just a few hours, it looks HORRENDOUS. I guess my skin gets oily and the makeup just looks caked on and horrible, making me want to go home and hide in my bed.

I was wondering if you guys had any foundation suggestions. I just use foundation and a blush, should I use concealer/powder? What do you think would be best for my skin?

I'm looking for something that would hime my blemishes and bumps as well as looking okay the whole day. Yeah, I know it's never gonna be perfect, even with makeup :|

What do you suggest?

Do you use primer? My skin is like that also, it gets really oily throughout the day and I end up looking like a grease ball. But, I started using Monistat Anti-chaffing gel as a primer and I find that it helps reduce the oiliness significantly, though not completely. It also doesn't make me break out, so give it a try.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for? drugstore or department store foundation? I used Loreal True Match before and that worked really for me. Now I use Mac Studio Fix fluid SPF 15 and that has worked even better. It's great for those with oily skin and covers really well. Just a tiny amount will cover my whole face.. A lot of people also seem to like Everyday Minerals foundation.

Are you using any type of powder to set the foundation? Using a concealer on your blemishes, or whatever you want to cover up, might also help as well. I remember reading somewhere that foundation isn't meant to cover up blemishes/scars, it's meant to even out the skin tone. So try using a concealer under your foundation, this way you'll avoid using too much foundation and having it look caky.

I agree with the idea of you using concealer. I used to wear Dream Matte Mousse and I found that after a few hours, it felt like I was wearing a cakey mask!

Concealer definitely helps me cover old scars/red marks without feeling like I have a face full of make up.

If your skin is oily and tends to melt off the makeup, always set it with a powder (either pressed or loose will do, either one). It will give your makeup more staying power.

thanks everyone ^^

well i'm not really sure what a primer is lol :redface: i presume it's something you put under your makeup?

well i live in a small country, so we don't have MAC =( i've heard some good things about revlon colorstay though.. is it any good?

i'll definitely try using concealer tommorrow and i'll let you know how it went ^^

um, what kind of powder do you think is best? =]

I agree with using a concealer. I think no amount foundation will totally conceal red marks/active blemishes - unless you use half a bottle for your face, lol. Try a concealer with a bit of yellow undertones, definitely not pink - since acne is red, you don't want a pink toned concealer to cover it up. =)

Well i donnae know what/if there is anything to cover the bumps as im still searching! BUT a really good make up is Clarins matte multi teint eclat OIL FREE foundation. Its £22 but it covers really well! I usually put a thin base coat on first then do my eye-make up then go back and put another coat of foundtaion on top of that. Really blend it in well and make sure you dont do it too thick as you donnae want it to look cakey!! As long as you dont touch your face, you shouldnt really need a touch-up throughout the day :) xxxx

I have two suggestions. Do not buy drugstore make up and my other suggestion is to buy a mineral make up as it usually leads to less breakouts. Im still in search of a mineral make up because my Bare Escentuals ran out. I dont really have a specific one to recommend yet