Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

How much water do you drink everyday?

I think the lack of progress in the healing of my scars are due to the lack of water intake..

I've just started to drink water (1-2 bottles a day) regularly..

What are the benefits of water exactly? I do know that it cleans your body in some way..

how much water is the right amount?

has water improve your skin?

I saw on the news the other day that drinking water too much isn't good either, there is no solid proof that drinking water improves skin tone or prevent headaches..

p.s. on oprah they had twins drink water for a month and had one stop, a month later they both still looked the same..

Water rehydrates your organs of which your skin is the biggest one. Apparently it's the last one it reaches so you need to drink a fair amount. I drink about 2 litres a day. The trick is to sip it throughout the day rather than gulp it down as that's just going to flush straight through.

Drinking water is very good for you and will help to flush out toxins. I would pay no attention to the twin thing, I'm not even sure why you would want to prove that water wasn't valuable.

I have noticed a difference in my skin since upping my water intake. Try increasing your intake slowly and you'll feel the difference. Now if I don't have water for a few hours I feel terrible so that proves to me my body needs it...

Yea, there really isn't any evidence proving that water has any benefits for your skin, but I still drink a lot of water, just to be on the safe side. lol Also, yea, drinking a lot of water in a short period of time can be harmful. Like exceeding more than 1 or 2 gallons in 1 hour can be deadly because of water intoxication. Too much of a good thing isn't always good.

Brian Williams on the NBC Nightly News last night had a brief and amusing segment near the end about a new medical study which has apparently just come out showing that there is NO clear-cut scientific evidence showing any benefit of drinking extra quantities of water. He said the recommendation of the authors of the study was simply to use your own body as a guide as to how much water to drink: drink water if you're thirsty.

Bryan,

I read about that same report online yesterday. Dr.'s and scientists always seem to be able to change there minds :)

I'm still going to drink my usual 8 glasses of filtered water a day between meals. It doesn't hurt, so why not?

To me it's like exercising. For some people it doesn't really help their skin, but it's still good for overall health.

If I may add something on the thirsty comment.

As an experiment you might want to increase your intake of water for a period of say 10 days. It'll probably be more trips to the loo in the first few days as your body becomes accustomed to the increase in water intake.

After the 10 days try not drinking as much water and see what happens. I'll bet you really feel it.

My point is that your thirst levels will change and what it takes for you to feel thirsty at the beginning is completely different from what you'd feel after increasing the uptake.

I hope that makes sense, I've had a couple glasses of wine :)

If I may add something on the thirsty comment.

As an experiment you might want to increase your intake of water for a period of say 10 days. It'll probably be more trips to the loo in the first few days as your body becomes accustomed to the increase in water intake.

My point is that your thirst levels will change and what it takes for you to feel thirsty at the beginning is completely different from what you'd feel after increasing the uptake.

GoBills - 8 glasses of water a day is unnecessary. When scientists way back when recommended that we have that amount per day they did not literally mean that you should actually drink 8 whole glasses, but actually consume the amount of water equal to 8 glasses of water in food and drink (and food and other drinks do provide a substantial amount of water).

Maybe not for you, but it's necessary for some people such as myself who tend to drink coffee and other dehydrating fluids everyday.

My rugby coach in college was also some sort of nutrionist who told me "drink water until you're pissing clear."

I still live by those words.

Ummm....so what prediction are you making here? Are you saying that the more water I drink, the MORE thirsty I'll get, or the LESS thirsty I'll get?

My rugby coach in college was also some sort of nutrionist who told me "drink water until you're pissing clear."

I still live by those words.

Ummm....so what prediction are you making here? Are you saying that the more water I drink, the MORE thirsty I'll get, or the LESS thirsty I'll get?

LOL, what bryan said was great.

I always think that way though, once I start pissing clear I know Ive gotten rid of most of the toxins in my body.

I personally dont care what scientists say, I never have, they say tomatoes are good then they say they cause cancer, then their good again. Ive read so many science articles for college about how one week a breakthrough finding on this and the next week they say they were wrong.

I drink nothing but water all day, its better for me than soda or sugar drinks. This is something you have to believe. Its a personal choice. An example, My aunt grew up in Japan, although shes not Japanese, she just lived and worked there. Green Tea is a huge thing there as everyone knows, but yet theres no true scientific facts or proof showing that it does a lot of the different things that are claimed. Should everyone stop drinking Green Tea? A tradition that has been followed for centuries in the Asian countries, should they say aww hell this is all a hoax? No, they believe solely that Green Tea has cancer curing properties, or that it can release anxiety, and you cant try to ruin someones belief with science, it doesnt work. Just because science doesnt prove it, doesnt mean its not true.

I believe that water is something great for the body, it should be drank everyday all day, I dont care what news or science articles say.

Just my opinion

I don't understand your question

You said that after you increase your water intake for a period of time, you become accustomed to it.

This same thing happens with food. You can "train" your body to handle more calories.

You're suggesting that because we're able to tolerate more water, we should drink more water; so should we increase our food intake too?

LOL, what bryan said was great.

I always think that way though, once I start pissing clear I know Ive gotten rid of most of the toxins in my body.

I personally dont care what scientists say, I never have, they say tomatoes are good then they say they cause cancer, then their good again. Ive read so many science articles for college about how one week a breakthrough finding on this and the next week they say they were wrong.

I drink nothing but water all day, its better for me than soda or sugar drinks. This is something you have to believe. Its a personal choice. An example, My aunt grew up in Japan, although shes not Japanese, she just lived and worked there. Green Tea is a huge thing there as everyone knows, but yet theres no true scientific facts or proof showing that it does a lot of the different things that are claimed. Should everyone stop drinking Green Tea? A tradition that has been followed for centuries in the Asian countries, should they say aww hell this is all a hoax? No, they believe solely that Green Tea has cancer curing properties, or that it can release anxiety, and you cant try to ruin someones belief with science, it doesnt work. Just because science doesnt prove it, doesnt mean its not true.

I believe that water is something great for the body, it should be drank everyday all day, I dont care what news or science articles say.

Just my opinion

I don't understand your question

You said that after you increase your water intake for a period of time, you become accustomed to it.

This same thing happens with food. You can "train" your body to handle more calories.

You're suggesting that because we're able to tolerate more water, we should drink more water; so should we increase our food intake too?