Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm going to my doctors and am going to request azelaic acid [i think in the UK, they market it as Skinoren & we don't have Finacea....?]

Are there any other medications that doctors typically give out when prescribing azelaic acid or is there anything I should request?

[i have lots of stubborn red marks & inflammed pustules/papules]

I have been using azelex which is 20% instead of 15% like finacea and i love it! im glad its working for you :D

My dermatologist told me to first apply clindamycin on my face, then azelaic acid to the pimples, then finish it up by applying Differin cream all over my face. :)

You could ask your doctor if there's anything else you need. It depends on the condition of your skin right? :)

Good luck!

Hey. I have a question about Skinoren cream (azelaic acid). I'm currently using BP in the mornings and Differin in the evenings. My dermatologist gave me Skinoren but forgot to tell me when to use it. Should I replace one of the topicals for it?

Hey. I have a question about Skinoren cream (azelaic acid). I'm currently using BP in the mornings and Differin in the evenings. My dermatologist gave me Skinoren but forgot to tell me when to use it. Should I replace one of the topicals for it?

Hi there!

I also use BP and Differin the same way as you do. The azelaic acid that I use in not in cream form though, it's liquid. I use it for spot treatment only. I really don't want to tell you what to do because I'm not a dermatologist. :) I use azelaic acid at night, before applying Differin. I don't know if the azelaic acid cream feels the same way when applied but based on my experience there's a stinging sensation on the pimple after application. AA also makes the pimple itchy. I wouldn't want to use it in the morning.

Well, the best thing for you to do is call up your doctor. :D