Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redskin

Calling in sick to work cause of acne

Yeah man, I just called in sick tonite, was supposed to work the night shift at the hospital but my face looked like shit. It really sucks because I had gotten rid of all my acne, and was just left with horrible red marks (which still basically look like acne), but the last few days, have been waking up with more active blemishes and white heads (white heads are the worst, they stand out so much)

So i said fuck it and called in sick....sucks man, i thought i was making good progress, i really should be going to work tonite but i dont think i can deal with that shit today

I'm sorry. I know how that is. I used to do it all the time when I was a waitress. I knew staying home wasn't going to make the acne go away any quicker, but I couldn't cope with being seen. And knowing that I didn't have anyone to look at me, made me feel like a 100 pound weight was lifted. Of course I always had to face it the next day :doh:

I'm guessing you're a guy so makeup wouldn't work. But the good news is that acne/red marks heal with time. If you can get to the root of your acne then you can someday be clear.

I know that doesn't help much, but I do hope you feel better. And more importantly, enjoy your day off ;)

Yeah thanks Jen, glad you know how it feels. And lol yeah I know staying home wont help anything, but it DOES feel good to just know that today, Im just going to relax and not worry about other people.

Thanks

I say if its ok to call in sick when you have a cold or a flue, it should be more then ok to call in sick because of acne. Acne is is way more serious of a disease then the common cold or flue. Anything that has the potential of leaving you with both physical and emotional scars for the rest of your life is a good enough excuse to not come into work. But it takes someone who has or has had acne to truly understand how emotionally destructive it can be.

Cold, shmold..

It's funny. I remember I used to do this all of the time. Back in college, I cut my classes.

At my job I called out.

I canceled party invitations.

I didnt go to family get togethers.

And then I realized.. that Im creating a negative habit that does not benefit me in anyway even though I thought it did. Oh yess, that person doesnt see my bad skin today, but I miss out on a days PAY. I miss out on a class lecture and then I have to catch up. I missed the huge party with the hotties or the funny stories my grandmother told. Is it really worth it? Nah.

I thought the purpose of this board was to overcome acne and the limiting beliefs that come with it. To encourage each other to do whatever it takes to not let acne destroy our lives.

Everyone co-signing your decision is just wrong. :naughty:

I thought the purpose of this board was to overcome acne and the limiting beliefs that come with it. To encourage each other to do whatever it takes to not let acne destroy our lives.

Everyone co-signing your decision is just wrong. :naughty:

ive done it myself but i agree that its unhealthy. you're always going to have an excuse for not doing things, if its not acne it'll be something else and something else until you're an old man and then you'll have a real reason to stay home. you dont want to be there looking back at all the things you couldve done, you want to be looking back on the things you did. acne or no acne. life isn't a rehearsal so just get out there while you can

ive done it myself but i agree that its unhealthy. you're always going to have an excuse for not doing things, if its not acne it'll be something else and something else until you're an old man and then you'll have a real reason to stay home. you dont want to be there looking back at all the things you couldve done, you want to be looking back on the things you did. acne or no acne. life isn't a rehearsal so just get out there while you can

I'm so sorry you feel that way, I know exactly how you feel too... I used to want to call in sick from work too because I work as a cahsier and I do not want people staring at my face and analzying me. Its just depressing not only is life stressful enough but acne just makes it 4893208423 times worse. It is so funny though because one day when I was working this lady said OMG YOUR SKIN IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND CLEAR I was like ahah, yeah thanks. But she really meant it and I think if you are a good person and present yourself well, people will look past your acne even if it is mild, or sever you know beauty truly comes with in I believe. I hope your skin clears up soon so you can face the world with confidence<3 Fell better and be postive!