Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have any of you guys heard of the NEEM tree. In India, it is regarded as a tree that can cure virtually anything related to skin problems, purifies blood and hell lot of other things. Google Neem to find out more.

I am 44 years old and I had mild to more than mild acne last year (it started sometime in Sept-October). I also have oily skin. This was the first time that I had a problem with acne. So, no attention was paid at all. When things went out of hand due to all the pinning and pricking, I had to take things head on. After a lot of reading on the net, I started with Purifying Neem Face Wash Gel. This is a herbal product and is manufactured by The Himalaya Drug Co. The cost in India is around US $1.50 for a 100 gram tube, sufficient to last for about 15-20 days (I use it about two to three times a day).

Alongwith the face wash, I also used Neem Face Pack every alternate day, also of Himalaya (200 gram tube costs around US $4.00). To my knowledge, no other company makes Neem products for external use in India. In about 5-7 days time, my acne started to reduce and in a months time, about 90 % of my acne was gone. The rest 10 % went in a couple of weeks time.

I still continue to use my face wash every day because of my oily skin, but I am using the face pack only once a week.

Now to get rid of the acne scars. These were quite big and prominent. After all my acne had gone completeley, I used three tablets of aspirin dissolved in about 2 tsp of honey. This was used as as a scrub but I never scrubbed it hard. This aspirin routine was performed every alternate day. These scars have now faded about 90 % according to my wife and my adult daughter.

I will be shortly taking some sessions of glycolic acid peel to get rid of the balance 10 % scars.

ue to its unique composition it has an almost magical effect on chronic skin conditions that fail to respond to conventional treatments. What makes neem oil outstanding in comparison to other remedies is that it is active against all three varieties of infectious organisms: Bacteria, Fungii and Viruses. The oil is known to provide a very effective germicidal action. Modern science has now confirmed the effectiveness of Neem oil in fighting infection. Scientific studies indicate that Neem has very powerful skin rejuvenating qualities and it is being hailed as the Oil of Wonder. Many strains of bacteria are found to be resistant to the modern antibiotics.

Neem oil has a seemingly endless range of antibacterial uses. This has prompted the development of neem as an anti-bacterial drug for these resistant strains, against which it has shown promising activity in the laboratory tests. Because of its antiseptic qualities, neem oil is also well suited for medicinal soaps and pharmaceuticals such as salves and creams. Neem oil is used in cosmetics for creams, lotions and shampoos. It has a wide

http://www.schoolsforchiapas.org/english/a...uments/232.html

Some more info on it

ue to its unique composition it has an almost magical effect on chronic skin conditions that fail to respond to conventional treatments. What makes neem oil outstanding in comparison to other remedies is that it is active against all three varieties of infectious organisms: Bacteria, Fungii and Viruses. The oil is known to provide a very effective germicidal action. Modern science has now confirmed the effectiveness of Neem oil in fighting infection. Scientific studies indicate that Neem has very powerful skin rejuvenating qualities and it is being hailed as the Oil of Wonder. Many strains of bacteria are found to be resistant to the modern antibiotics.

Neem oil has a seemingly endless range of antibacterial uses. This has prompted the development of neem as an anti-bacterial drug for these resistant strains, against which it has shown promising activity in the laboratory tests. Because of its antiseptic qualities, neem oil is also well suited for medicinal soaps and pharmaceuticals such as salves and creams. Neem oil is used in cosmetics for creams, lotions and shampoos. It has a wide

http://www.schoolsforchiapas.org/english/a...uments/232.html

Some more info on it

Hi what is the brand? I have connections in Sri Lanka and I would love to try this if I can get my hands on some, can get it shipped here, thanks!

Wow, it really sounds amazing. How would I buy the Neem facial product that you talk about here in the US? :eh:

Hi,

I was out of action for a few months.

My post on the amazing benefits of "neem" for acne does not seem to have any significant response. However I would again strongly suggest members suffering from mild to moderate acne to use neem facial products to see the amazing results. It is a pure herbal product with no side-effects. Neem is extensively used in India for a large number of ailments.

As regards availablity, I did find that the company Himalaya Drug has offices in USA. But the product (Neem Face Wash & Neem Face Pack) were not listed on thier US site. I assume that the same is available only in India. Maybe you need to contact thier Indian Office for obtaining these products or just call on your friends living in India.