Notifications
Clear all

Fillers

MemberMember
(@nate28)

Posted : 04/05/2008 11:00 am

I was wondering if fillers like restylane or fat injections for rolling scars would be a bad idea while on a low dose of accutane.

MemberMember
(@tuxedo)

Posted : 04/05/2008 1:27 pm

I'm not sure if you can while on accutane. I had restalyne injected into my cheeks for rolling scars, I used half a syringe and she said that if I wanted to do every single scar it would be thousands of dollars. So I guess if you only have a few it would work, but if you have many then I would think not.

MemberMember
(@nate28)

Posted : 04/07/2008 1:56 pm

any one else? I have read some people have done fraxel while on accutane. I f it makes differnce I am planning on going on a very low dose of accutane 5- 20 mg. I do not have a lot of acne but my face is really oily.

I only have two rolling scars that I would like to get filled in.

MemberMember
(@kurodesu)

Posted : 04/08/2008 4:43 am

I was wondering if fillers like restylane or fat injections for rolling scars would be a bad idea while on a low dose of accutane.

Yes!!!! Yes it would be!!!!

Whether you're injection restylane or fat injections, you are going to cause trauma at the site of injection, and your skin will cause a healing response. And skin does not heal well with accutane in your system.

It's awful, but be patient my friend, if you were on really low dosages I'd wait it out 6 months at the minimum from your last dose.

MemberMember
(@overtherainbowandunicorns)

Posted : 02/21/2021 5:47 pm

I've quit accutane days ago after three months treatment. Doctor said i could fill no problem. But I'm not sure..... Old studies say to wait, recently no need to wait.... 6 months is a lot to wait and I'm desperate with too many scars.