Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nate28

Anyone have experience?

I am considering Accutane but, do not want to take such a large dose. I do not have severe acne, I would say it is really mild the occasional cyst, but I do have really oily skin. I was wondering if a low dose like 10-25 mg would cure me without side effects like breakouts and hairloss.

hey, im on my 2nd course of accutane both being 40 mgs a day, from what iv picked up over the past two years i think no matter the dosage you will have some sort of initial breakout..however i think the lower the dosage the less likelihood of a severe breakout

what i would say is i started off getting slightly oily skin and a few spots here and there, but i didnt think much of it.. within a few months a few spots had left red marks and some were lasting a long time, so i then decided to go for accutane again..in a way i wish i had responded at the beginning just to get it all over quickly

so maybe it might be best for you to arrange an appointment with a derm as sometimes it can take a month to get one, and there is nothing worse than sitting about for a month while ur skin gets worse (im not saying urs will its just a possibility..but is exactly what happened in my situation)

i definately recommend you go on accutane, i know 5 people including myself who have been on it, 3 of them being on 60 mg a day and one on 80 mg a day, none of them experienced hair loss i think this is very rare, my derm told me he has never seen it but they have to let us know anyway..so i wouldnt worry too much about that..after a few months you will be very glad you took the drug, though i do warn you the first 1-2 months can be a real bummer!

its def worth it though, thats my 2 cents on the matter :P

Thanks anyone else? I wonder if anyone has had no initial breakout. What about thinner skin does one scar easily?

Since you're suffering from mild acne then 10mg for 6 months would be good enough and this reduce the chance of suffering from eczema and hairloss.

Skin will be dry rather than thinner and some people get scars easilly while on accutane.

for the amount of risks associated with accutane and the, albiet small, chances of very significant side effects, i would not recommend accutane for you. if your'e only experiencing oily skin and a few spots, your'e probably just going through a teenage phase of acne which will go away. i totally understand you being concerned about it, but try something not so hard core first. accutane has affected every aspect of my body. the only positive thing has been the decrease in occuring acne, but every scar i've ever gotten in my acne career has become apparant.

its not like taking aspirin every day. this is a major drug and i personally think derms give it out much to readily.

for the amount of risks associated with accutane and the, albiet small, chances of very significant side effects, i would not recommend accutane for you. if your'e only experiencing oily skin and a few spots, your'e probably just going through a teenage phase of acne which will go away. i totally understand you being concerned about it, but try something not so hard core first. accutane has affected every aspect of my body. the only positive thing has been the decrease in occuring acne, but every scar i've ever gotten in my acne career has become apparant.

its not like taking aspirin every day. this is a major drug and i personally think derms give it out much to readily.

I doubt a 2.5 mg -5mg dose will cause an IB at least not a huge one. I really want to stop all the acne, oil and shrink my pores.