Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I also use Dr Bronner's Tea Tree Oil soap and follow up with jojoba oil. So far I like the combination very much. I would not suggest using the bar as a lot of people find it more drying. I know for my skin even the liquid is a tad more drying than I'd like. I got around the problem of watery soap by dumping out the last bit of Neutrogena Acne Stress Control foaming cleanser and refilling the foaming dispenser bottle with about 1/5 Dr Bronner's and the rest tap water that I had first boiled and let cool. Distilled water would be better, but I didn't have any on hand. Even this dilution is a bit strong for me so I'm thinking 1/8th soap would be better. It foams up really nicely and is soooooooo much easier to work with in the shower. Anybody using Dr Bronner's has GOT to try a foaming soap dispenser!

Can't you return the Bare Minerals and get your money back? I would. The breakouts you describe sound like a cosmetic breakout- probably due to the bismuth oxychloride. I use Physician's Formula pressed mineral powder, and though it's not perfect (parabens!) at least it doesn't irritate my skin and tends to last all day.