Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How long is the initial breakout period supposed to last? I have been on accutane for 3 months now, the first month was good but every since month 2 my face has just gotten progressively worse, I don't think it has looked this bad in at least a year, and I'm really starting to get discouraged. If anyone could offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Some continue to break out throughout their whole course but if you're still experiencing large and/or painful cysts you should consider asking your doctor about the advisability of a short-term oral steroid course.

I did not see an ingredients list for the Ivory cleansing products. I also didn't see an ingredients list for any of the Cerave products. You might wish to consider switching to something like Cetaphil as more people have few problems with Cetaphil. Some like Aveeno products while on Accutane.

I have tried Cetaphil in the past, it did not work out well for me after using it for a very long period of time, so my dermatologist told me to switch to CeraVe. Also, I have a soap allergy and need to be careful of what I use, CeraVe is the most gentle product I have come across yet.

I have tried Cetaphil in the past, it did not work out well for me after using it for a very long period of time, so my dermatologist told me to switch to CeraVe. Also, I have a soap allergy and need to be careful of what I use, CeraVe is the most gentle product I have come across yet.

I use the cream for my body, can you use the wash for your face? I thought these products were for the body only?