Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shaty

I have a dairy allergy...

which causes huge cysts on my face. I'm 100% sure that is the cause for me. I have stopped dairy now but is there any medicine that will allow my to use milk incase I accidently eat something that contains dairy since everything contains dairy nowadays.

which causes huge cysts on my face. I'm 100% sure that is the cause for me. I have stopped dairy now but is there any medicine that will allow me to use milk incase I accidently eat something that contains dairy since everything contains dairy nowadays and then I'll be left with a swollen bump again

I've moved and merged these two posts to a more appropriate forum where you'll likely receive many good answers.

which causes huge cysts on my face. I'm 100% sure that is the cause for me. I have stopped dairy now but is there any medicine that will allow me to use milk incase I accidently eat something that contains dairy since everything contains dairy nowadays and then I'll be left with a swollen bump again

I guess it depends more on what you're allergic to.. if you have trouble with the lactose there are digestive enzymes out there that could help you with your problem. Not sure if there is anything for casein though. Best thing to do though if you are allergic to it is to avoid it.

Are you lactose intolerant or do you have an actual milk allergy?

You can take lactase--brand name "Lactaid"--that will digest the lactose for you. I also believe there are enzymles available that will digest casein for you.

If you are willing to be a human guinea pig. Try some skimmed milk, whey protein powder, casein powder and some heavy whipping cream. Take each separately on one occasion, separated by at least 5 days of no dairy. See which one causes a breakout. This would help identify if it is the milk fat, milk proteins, etc, that is doing it to you.