Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jc

Apple Cider Vinegar Pills?

In lieu of hearing about Maya's Apple Cider Vinegar / Lemon scar treatment, I also read that drinking the vinegar is healthy for you as well. How about the pill format? Has anyone tried them with good results? Is it even beneficial for acne, etc?

In lieu of hearing about Maya's Apple Cider Vinegar / Lemon scar treatment, I also read that drinking the vinegar is healthy for you as well.  How about the pill format?  Has anyone tried them with good results?  Is it even beneficial for acne, etc?

Fair enough, but it's not out of the realm of impossibility that every single thing can have an affect on your acne, as everyone in this world reacts to different things.

I keep thinking back to my teenage years, seeing kids spouting clearasil commercials on tv:

"I eat chocolate, I get pimples!"

"I eat pizza, I get pimples!"

"I drink water, I get pimples!"

"......Buy clearasil"

True? Myth? Only you can tell for yourself. Like I say, and I'll keep saying. Chacun son gout! (To each his/her own)

Fair enough, but it's not out of the realm of impossibility that every single thing can have an affect on your acne, as everyone in this world reacts to different things.

I keep thinking back to my teenage years, seeing kids spouting clearasil commercials on tv:

\"I eat chocolate, I get pimples!\"

\"I eat pizza, I get pimples!\"

\"I drink water, I get pimples!\"

\"......Buy clearasil\"

True?  Myth?  Only you can tell for yourself.  Like I say, and I'll keep saying.  Chacun son gout!  (To each his/her own)

Of course I've learned not to believe everything that I hear (anymore), so I eat what I want!

In any case, I was just curious about the apple cider vinegar pills because, there may also be some health benefit to them as well. I'm hitting the ripe old age of 30 very soon (5 more years!), so I gotta keep up my immune system. ](*,)

Uh... vinegar does kill baceria, quite well too(studies have shown 5% concentrations to kill 99% of bacteria), if it weren't for the smell, people'd use it all the time. Many people do use it around the house, I remember reading a list of various uses, included in the list of about 40 items, was skin and hair cleansing.

Additionally, vinegar helps to restore the Ph balance in your skin, which (in theory) should *greatly* reduce existing acne, and prevent new acne from forming, but there are other things that offset your Ph balance, so that's not a one-stop solution.

My mom uses vinegar in her homemade cleaning products, it works great.

Lemons also kill bacteria, I don't think they kill it as well as Vinegar, but they smell better wink.gif Ever wonder why lots of cleaning products have 'lemon scent*'?

From what I understand, vinegar is best used topically, to kill bacteria and adjust the Ph balance of your skin, while Lemons are taken internally with water, so that as toxins are released from your system(via the water) the lemon juice helps to clean things up overall. Additionally, citric acid is good for your stomach.

I don't think a vinegar pill would be a good idea...I didn't even know these existed :-k though, they probably have a reason for existing..I dunno what it is though.

From a list of uses of vinegar(vinegar as a conditioner)

Take 1 cup of vinegar and warm water into a

large glass and use to rinse your hair after

you shampoo. Vinegar adds highlights to brunette

hair, restores the acid mantel, and removes 

soap film and sebum oil.