Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalSkinCare

So Common Consensus is that Cetaphil Cleanser is Evil Right??? Are there superior Alternatives??

are there any superior alternatives to cetaphil cleanser??

being that im planning to just skip moisturizer (since i cant find ANYTHING that doesnt break me out) i need a cleanser that wont dry me out

i find that gel/foaming cleansers are very drying and give me really tight skin.

i was going to try cetaphil cleanser but read on various msg boards that it causes acne and doesnt clean well..

help!! need a superior alternative

I've come to love the cetaphil cleanser. It doesn't have as much cleansing power as some washes, but it's SO gentle. Without it, my face becomes very red and oily if I use a more drying wash.

There are quite a few people here that really like Cetaphil. Everyone's skin is a little different maybe it will work for you.

I think a lot of people see "Sodium LAURYL Sulfate" on the ingredient list and get really freaked out. The fact is that Cetaphil doesn't lather at all so the amount of SLS that's in it is minute.

I've been around here for a few years, and I've tried every cleanser under the sun and Cetaphil is the best for me (I didn't say it was the perfect cleanser, or that it will work for you, it's just the best for ME). Like you, foaming cleansers dry me out big time, so non-foaming is the best option. In addition to Cetaphil I've tried Aquanil (which burned me like crazy because of the Benzyl Alcohol) and Cerave (which clogged my pores more than Cetaphil, but it was still a very good cleanser). I've also tried all of the Paula's Choice cleansers which all made me itch and breakout like crazy.

Unless if there's an overwhelming shared belief that a product is crap, then it's best to try it on your own. Most drugstores will let you return it if you're not happy anyway.

I use and like Cetaphil Sensitive Skin (both the liquid and the bar forms). No increased breakouts, instead, my skin began to improve once I had stopped using those harsh soaps I'd been using before!

Have you tried Purpose gentle wash? I've used it before, many times actually, and it's never dried out my skin, nor has it given me breakouts.

I hate Shittyphil too! Opps did I say that...I meant Cetaphil. It leaves a white film on my face. I really like the cleanser Im using (its in my signature). For the past week, Ive been using my body shop facial brush to exfoliate in the mornings. I just apply a bit of the cleanser to the brush, rub it in the brush, and then apply in a circular messaging motion.

I didn't care for Cetaphil. I now use CeraVe Hydrating Clanser, which is similar in consistency to Cetaphil, but much more hydrating. CeraVe also removes oil well and doesn't disrupt the skin's pH balance so it doesn't leave your skin tight. Try it!

I didn't care for Cetaphil. I now use CeraVe Hydrating Clanser, which is similar in consistency to Cetaphil, but much more hydrating. CeraVe also removes oil well and doesn't disrupt the skin's pH balance so it doesn't leave your skin tight. Try it!

im scared to use cerave because ppl say its breaks them out

I just started using the cetaphil cleanser for sensitive skin and I think that it could possibly be the answer to my eczema problems. Only time will tell. Elf

I like Paula's choice cleansers.

Ditto, except I've only tried the Skin Balancing one.