Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dust_in_the_wind

thinking of stopping accutane

well, i had written a post earler about eyelash loss. not long after, i went to the restroom and noticed 3 more lashes laying on my cheeks. i have a feeling it's only a matter of time before it moves to my head.... i'm pretty sure i am going to discontinue using accutane. at least until i go back to my derm in a couple weeks and talk about using a much lower dosage. i'm shocked because i only take 40 mg every other day, which is basically like 20 mg a day. my side effects have been terrible so far am i'm thinking i may not be able to tolerate this medication. i have made some good progress with my face. if i stop using it, will my acne just come right back? or will i stay clear for awhile? i am on week two for mild acne, btw.

I've been on accutane for about 109 days, 80mg each day. I shave my head every 2 weeks for the army and it grows back lol.

hey, im on my 2nd accutane course, iv never experienced hair loss.. what i would say is definately ask your derm about it if ur skin isnt too bad it would be wise to try a smaller dosage

hey, im on my 2nd accutane course, iv never experienced hair loss.. what i would say is definately ask your derm about it if ur skin isnt too bad it would be wise to try a smaller dosage

Agreed, talk to your derm. Tell him/her what you think and ask for options. I think you should not decide yourself to go off the drug, talk to someone.