Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr kiplings cakes

ACCUTTTANE FOR mILD mODERATE ACNE

hi ive got an apointment with hospial 9th may,i from uk and i tthink im seeing a derm ,i dont know but anyway do u think they will put me on accutane even tttthow i have mild acne well i have blackheads from previous acne and i do still get new spots here ad their? i used all other medication b4 and itt dint work? so u reckon they will put me on itt?

tthanks

They'll probably consider some other treatment options first like antibiotics, retin-A maybe BP.

After a while your derm might consider accutane if you're still having problems with acne.But if you used all that before, you might have to talk your derm into this, i mean if you really want it tell her you want it.

I think your case for being prescribed Roaccutane is quite strong. Due to increasing knowledge of its effects and risks over the past 25 years, the licensing/prescribing criteria have been widened considerably.

Initially, Roaccutane was only prescribed for severe recalcitrant nodular/cystic acne. However, side effects can now be much more reliably predicted and controlled with the drug. The majority of people tolerate its side effects reasonable well. In addition, the realisation that even superficial acne can permanently scar and no scar treatment provides perfect results, mean it is being prescribed earlier in the disease course.

My advice is to comment on the psychological impact acne is having on you. There very fact you are on an acne message board shows your acne has a psychological impact on your life. Why talk to your Derm about this? One of the license criteria for Roaccutane now is those who have a strong psychological reaction to their acne. To me, if you are willing enough to do the research about the drug, and know you want it - I see little reason why it should be refused by a Dermatologist. Providing you follow their instructions, you are likely to tolerate the drug well.

I think a lot is said about the safety of Roaccutane. But this is a drug which can be prescribed to people with multiple sclerosis and motor neuron disease. This is not to say there are not risks but they are usually small and can be controlled well. The effect a normal 120mg/kg course has on the body is not as severe as many people and the press make out.

Good luck with your Dermatologist! No guarantees I suppose, but if you talk about some of the points raised here I am sure your chances are good for a course of Roaccutane.

hi i'm in the same boat as you i've tried it all really except roaccutane at the moment i only have one active and a big scab and a few red marks but i look so unhealthy i think because they are all around my mouth and chin i go through phases where i don't have a single spot for a week or 2 if i'm lucky but then i get more they are sore to the touch and very red most of them fill with puss and i squeeze them i can't cope with yellow heads on my face i've researched til i'm blue in the face and tried so many things from the gp and herbal things vitamins you name it and i've probably tried it! i drink loads of water and spearmint tea but still i get the spots its affects on my life are huge my doctor is sympathetic and i know she would send me to a derm if i asked as we've disscussed it in the past but i'm still a bit scared of roaccutane but i think about it a lot and wish i'd tried it earlier and all this was over but i'm just frightened it might make things worse let me know what your derm says after the appointment i wish you loads of luck

at this present tiMe dans regine is working owesoMe i got a feeling My acne will clear up by then NOT BLACKHEADS I DONTT THINK!,just new spots are hardly accouring i been on regine 5 days and a wicked progress i really dint acspect this i still wana go on accutane for a flawless coMplextion do dans regine clear blackheads?

I have blackheads, white heads, acne-spots, and pimples. Its pretty mild-moderate though nothing too serious(though emotional enough).

I went to my derm and got put on minocycline. I was on that for 4 weeks before i went back and TOLD my derm that i just wanted to go on accutane and get it over with. He said fine but i have to get on birth control pill for one month prior to accutane.

But now i have to wait till may to start birth control pill because you have to start your period before taking it.

But yeah, like i mentioned, just ask and your derm and he may do it for you.

For mild acne, if you take accutane, go on a very low dose (10-20mg a day). Any more than that and your just risking side effects unnecessarily.