Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

when is this drug going to start working its magic like everyone says. it's been 4 1/2 months and my face still looks like a piece of shit from hell. new actives everyday and old stuff is still lingering? and why is my scarring becoming more and more pronounced everyday? when people...when?

how long is ur course? what dosage? just keep going, iv known people to take over 5 months to see improvement the good thing about accutane is that overnight it can make a difference! one day you may wake up and half ur spots are no longer sore..the next day none are etc.

I feel you man. I myself am about 4.5 months in and I haven't seen much improvement. These scars and redmarks are driving me INSANE...like seriously, they're so prominent. I've even tried emu oil but that ended up breaking me out. This shit is really starting to piss me off. I'm a patient person but I'm still pretty much getting a spot every other day...common now! Tane has given me many scars and I'm sure everyone can see the irony there...

Hey, I know how overwhelmed you are feeliig....believe me. I didn't really see much improvement until I got off of the medicine. I even had a HUGE cyst in my 6th month. But, I've been off of it for a month and my pores just look SO MUCH BETTER. I still breakout some, but not near as bad. The red marks and more prominent scarring is normal because of how dry your face becomes on accutane. They too will fade once off the medicine. Just hang in there. And if I could give you any advice, don't squeeze. I think that little habit of mine caused me to not heal as quickly. Plus you spread bacteria. I am still trying to break that habit.

Hang in there!! If you have any questions feel free to ask. It will help, just talk to your docter about dosage and so forth. I was on 80mg for most of my treatment.

I feel you man. I myself am about 4.5 months in and I haven't seen much improvement. These scars and redmarks are driving me INSANE...like seriously, they're so prominent. I've even tried emu oil but that ended up breaking me out. This shit is really starting to piss me off. I'm a patient person but I'm still pretty much getting a spot every other day...common now! Tane has given me many scars and I'm sure everyone can see the irony there...

Scars as a direct result of accutane is very common. It messes up the balance between cytokines and prolongs the inflammatory stage of wound healing. I use to hate people who said "you probably always had them but never noticed" I know for a fact i never had a single scar before accutane and i'm sure there are many out there that are the same as me.