Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
moonwalker

Fish oil make you fat?

Hi

Well my mother is a doctor and I told her that I will be getting some of this and she warned me that they do something (she didn't want to explain to me why, I don't know why, must have been because it was 1 am) to the metabolism and make you put on weight. How do I get the omegas without getting my metabolism distorted.

BTW I am not worried about getting fat but as I do a lot of sports it will be much more difficult to do them if I was 20 pounds heavier.

Hi

Well my mother is a doctor and I told her that I will be getting some of this and she warned me that they do something (she didn't want to explain to me why, I don't know why, must have been because it was 1 am) to the metabolism and make you put on weight. How do I get the omegas without getting my metabolism distorted.

BTW I am not worried about getting fat but as I do a lot of sports it will be much more difficult to do them if I was 20 pounds heavier.

Hi

I'd have to say what your mom told you is completely false. The only things I'm aware of that alter metabolism and make you gain weight are supplements and certain carb-foods.

Uhm...no. They won't cause you to gain weight unless your throwing back handfulls a day. In fact, they are shown to increase metabolism and help people get leaner on top of all the other health benefits.

Hi

I'd have to say what your mom told you is completely false. The only things I'm aware of that alter metabolism and make you gain weight are supplements and certain carb-foods.

Fish oil will help you lose weight, on the contrary.

You would have to take outrageous amounts of it to gain weight from it.

Hi

Hi

Does anyone know how many calories etc there are in most vitamins & supps? Some have a few fillers. I wonder why they don't list all the facts.