Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

Should I take Accutane again?

I took it a few months ago and it cleared me, no doubt. But I'm still getting 1-2 small whiteheads or pustules once a month or something. Should I go again on Accutane if my doctor allows it?

If anything, it's because of my laziness and not of paranoia of breakouts, lol.

JEez! is that ur accutane regimen PER DAY for 7 months??? that's almost like 15,000mg of accutane that u have taken in....you must be like 6'4 and 240lbs or something that the doctor allowed u to take that much.

BTW, what is your height and weight.

i'm only 150lbs and have been doing 60mg/day

Yeah, I took a lot of Accutane but my skin was VERY VERY severe before it. I really think if I take another course, maybe even 4-5 months of <80mg it will do the trick to permanently cure it.

But is that how it works? Does the success of it (meaning I'll be permanently acne free) depend on how mild it is? Because right now it's not even mild, but less, lol.

JEez! is that ur accutane regimen PER DAY for 7 months??? that's almost like 15,000mg of accutane that u have taken in....you must be like 6'4 and 240lbs or something that the doctor allowed u to take that much.

BTW, what is your height and weight.

i'm only 150lbs and have been doing 60mg/day

Just be thankfull you are healthy after your first round and it cleared your acne as much as it did. Don't tempt fate.

Bump

What's the factor that tells how long you're clear after accutane? The severity of it or is it random?

Man, so I should definitely go on it again. Because it's very mild. Something like Dan Kern's Regimen could keep me clear. But I think I'd rather go on Accutane again.

Than it's final. I'm making an appointment tomorrow morning :)

Man, so I should definitely go on it again. Because it's very mild. Something like Dan Kern's Regimen could keep me clear. But I think I'd rather go on Accutane again.

So if I get 1 or 2 small red pimples once a month or something and that's as bad as it gets. No cysts at all or any acne that scars...will Accutane cure me? Because if not, I might as well go back on some topicals.

Just bare this in mind, i am not saying this for fun, i have no reason to say this other than that i am being 100% sincere in trying to protect other people from potential harm.

I know you were fine first time round, which was wonderfull and i'm pleased for you. But please dude i beg you this stuff is not a joke, it does cumulate in your body and the effects become more amplified the more your put through your body, i have read so many stories from people who were fine first time round and went onto a second course and had problems.

If you only have minor acne why not try something else? a topical retinoid could even improve the appearance of your skin/prevent future wrinkles etc.

Im pretty much in the same situation as you. I got off about 6 months ago and my face has been mostly clear but i do get breakouts from time to time. I went back into my dermatologist(who is pretty pro accutane) and she pretty much just laughed at the fact i wanted to go back on it. She said it wasnt even bad enough for her to want to give me antibiotics so she just gave me a prescription for differin.

Also,

"But I want to permanently stop the acne from Accutane even if it is mild. Like I said, it's more of laziness than other products not working."

This is exactly how i feel. I probably could keep my face completely clear with a good regimen but i did the creams and antibiotics thing for 6 years. I just want to be able to not worry about it.

Even "regular" skined people get a couple of pimples a month. It probably would kill your acne for good if you went on another course but you may end up with other issues in the long run. You could do some damage to your organs, maybe even get khron's disease, or maybe go bald. I would be very cautios if I were you.

I don't have any issues with my first course and that itself was a high dosage (see signature). I don't even have dry skin at all and my blood tests all come up normal now. I show zero side effects.

Since your mind is already set for a second course then I will suggest you to take 10mg for another 3 months.