Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay. Spring started, and I am breaking out with cysts.

The last time when I had a very bad breakout was spring as well. Every spring my face is going crazy on me. Why spring? Does spring effect you?

P.S. And, I was just wondering. If just my face breaks out and my back and shouldres,well everything but my face is clear, does it mean that my diet still effects me?

Your answers are appreciated. Thanks a lot, guys. :rolleyes:

Well.. First thing taht came to my mind was could it be any pollen that is affecting?

Here in Finland it is pretty common that when the spring comes every other is getting some kind of reaction for that (eczema, flu, difficulty in breathing etc) so why not acne?

Ps. I'm not getting any kind of reflection 'cause of spring - I love when it comes warmer here^^

I have pollen allergy, and I also broke out, only one cyst, but still, annoying. It seemed to calm down when I started to take my antihistamines, so maybe you should start to take some anti-allergy medicin. I hate medicins, I never take anything, but to be able to walk outside the door without my eyes getting all red and full of tears, or my nose dripping I need to take it.. Does anyone have any antiallergic trick, that is not medicin?

Do you suffer from allergies? Have you been tested for allergies? Is your acne inflammed? If you are allergic to pollen for example, your body goes into overdrive and becomes extremely inflammed. There is sometimes a connection between histamine, insulin and acne.

Edited to say: I agree with Mamita. Try taking anti-histamines on a daily basis for a week and see what happens.

I get a nasty breakout every spring for some reason as well. I swear NOTHING

is different, I do everything the same, but blam. So, mine already happened and

it was not fun. :rolleyes:

Do you suffer from allergies? Have you been tested for allergies? Is your acne inflammed? If you are allergic to pollen for example, your body goes into overdrive and becomes extremely inflammed. There is sometimes a connection between histamine, insulin and acne.

Edited to say: I agree with Mamita. Try taking anti-histamines on a daily basis for a week and see what happens.

Yes, you can try an over-the-counter anti-histamine from the store or pharmacy. Try it out for one week.

Have you been spending much time in the sun in the past couple of months? Does your acne get better if you spend some time in the sun?

Yes, Vit D is important, and we are all (unless we live at the equator and run around naked in the sun) quite deficient.

Since you mention that your skin is very irritated, do you suffer from any yeast infections anywhere else? It might be that your skin has a high level of yeast and you are having an allergic reaction to the yeast, which can cause irritation and acne. Yeast tends to grow in the winter for a number of reasons: (1) we spent less time in the sun and the sun kills the yeast, and (2) our diet in the winter months tends to be higher in carbs. Yeast loves carbs and sugar.

Edited to say: I read your profile and you say the pimples are very itchy and that you already tried allergy meds. It sounds to me that you may have a fungal/yeast infection. If possible answer the following questions:

1. have you been spending a lot of time indoors (out of the sun) in the past months?

2. Do you often (or even sometimes) suffer from yeast infections (vaginal, athlete's foot, etc.)?

3. Where are the pimples located?

4. What is your diet like? Do you eat a lot of white bread and sugar?

Yes, you can try an over-the-counter anti-histamine from the store or pharmacy. Try it out for one week.

Have you been spending much time in the sun in the past couple of months? Does your acne get better if you spend some time in the sun?

Yes, Vit D is important, and we are all (unless we live at the equator and run around naked in the sun) quite deficient.

Since you mention that your skin is very irritated, do you suffer from any yeast infections anywhere else? It might be that your skin has a high level of yeast and you are having an allergic reaction to the yeast, which can cause irritation and acne. Yeast tends to grow in the winter for a number of reasons: (1) we spent less time in the sun and the sun kills the yeast, and (2) our diet in the winter months tends to be higher in carbs. Yeast loves carbs and sugar.

Edited to say: I read your profile and you say the pimples are very itchy and that you already tried allergy meds. It sounds to me that you may have a fungal/yeast infection. If possible answer the following questions:

Try to take the anti-histamins for one week. Also, take some anti-inflammatory supplements such as fish oil (only high quality and mercury-free) or borage oi and some Vitamin C (non-acidic preferably)

I have more questions for you:

1. are you on any meds right now? For example, antibiotics? or are you taking any vitamins/supplements?

2. Do you also get a problem with dandruff in the spring? Or is your scalp itchy?

3. Are there any itchy pimples at the hairline?

4. Have you tried a new product recently? Lotion, cream, soap?

Do not put anything acidic on your face for the moment. Also, stay away from products that have oil in them.

Diet: stay away from cereals, rice, bread, sugar, ice-cream for the moment. Consider adding a pinch of Baking Soda into your drinking water. It neutralizes the acidity which may be contributing to the outbreak.

In any case, you should go see a derm. I can't tell you exactly what you have, but I'll try to help...

Try to take the anti-histamins for one week. Also, take some anti-inflammatory supplements such as fish oil (only high quality and mercury-free) or borage oi and some Vitamin C (non-acidic preferably)

I have more questions for you:

1. are you on any meds right now? For example, antibiotics? or are you taking any vitamins/supplements?

2. Do you also get a problem with dandruff in the spring? Or is your scalp itchy?

3. Are there any itchy pimples at the hairline?

4. Have you tried a new product recently? Lotion, cream, soap?

Do not put anything acidic on your face for the moment. Also, stay away from products that have oil in them.

Diet: stay away from cereals, rice, bread, sugar, ice-cream for the moment. Consider adding a pinch of Baking Soda into your drinking water. It neutralizes the acidity which may be contributing to the outbreak.

In any case, you should go see a derm. I can't tell you exactly what you have, but I'll try to help...

I guess for me its helps since there's fresh air and the sun but I cant stay out too long.

HUh, I created this topic a long time ago. However, I would like to update it. I am still breaking out with cysts EVERY SPRING! And I always break out at the end of March till the mid April. This spring it lasted 2 weeks.

local honey, quercetin, vitamin D - probably better to start on this before the breakouts begin.

Spring effects me for the positive. I hate winter... being stuck inside freezing all the time. I get so much healthier when I can go play outside. I feel blessed that I don't have any allergies.

Spring definitely affects me. A few weeks ago I started breaking out terribly. I think my skin has mostly calmed down now, though.

Spring will do it every time! I remember the worst breakout ever that put me on Spiro started in Spring a couple of years ago. Luckily the medication calmed everything down almost completly so I'm pretty sure it had something to do with hormones? Still weird though