Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is so so dry when it's unmoisturised. I'm only on 40mg a day at the moment and going to move up to 60mg soon and my skin is screwed.

I've tried Nivea moisturising sunscreen, Nivea Body Moisturising and Nutrogena Oil Free Mosturising cream.

My favourite is the Nutrogena but no matter how much I use my skin remains dry. It is so cracked it looks like shattered glass.

I'm really worried about this, I mean I'm putting on layers and layers of moisturiser - like enough so i can't see my skin through whiteness. After showers it's literally unbearable and I'm thinking of showering every other day to just wash my hair.

I'll try put a picture but I'm at my wits end with worry the damage the accutane is doing to my skin.

Any suggestions.

My skin is so so dry when it's unmoisturised. I'm only on 40mg a day at the moment and going to move up to 60mg soon and my skin is screwed.

I've tried Nivea moisturising sunscreen, Nivea Body Moisturising and Nutrogena Oil Free Mosturising cream.

My favourite is the Nutrogena but no matter how much I use my skin remains dry. It is so cracked it looks like shattered glass.

I'm really worried about this, I mean I'm putting on layers and layers of moisturiser - like enough so i can't see my skin through whiteness. After showers it's literally unbearable and I'm thinking of showering every other day to just wash my hair.

I'll try put a picture but I'm at my wits end with worry the damage the accutane is doing to my skin.

Any suggestions.

one thing that will really help dry skin is never wash your face or shower in hot water. use just slightly warm or less if you dont find it uncomfortable. right when you finish washing, gently pat your face dry with a towel and immediately apply your moisturizer. on accutane i use the cetaphil cream and it works pretty good if you want to try something new. and vaseline is always great ofcourse. other then that maybe try drinking more water and supplementing with fish oil ?? worth a try.