Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

Tea Tree Oil vs Benzoyl Peroxide

I have used Benzoyl peroxide 5% strenght to no avail on cystic acne. Works pretty great to prevent and cure normal small pimples but the deep cystic inflammed ones its useless, doesnt penetrate. I am also not the kind who is easily dried or irritated by BP. I can apply a hugh blob overnight and my skin will be the same not even slightly red.

I just ordered 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil from Dessert Essence. WIll this be more effective against a deep cyst, does it penetrate deeper? I have heard amazing things about it. I probably wont apply it pure but as precaution dilute it down maybe to between 20%-50%.

DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE primarily against the CYSTIC Deep Pimple type acne??

I doubt it will be more effective. Cysts can be very stubborn and often do not respond to any over the counter treatments. You may want to see a Dermatologist for more effective treatment options.

I was going to start a similar topic, as I decided to revert to Tea Tree Oil the day before yesterday. Somehow, it has not occurred to me to experiment with this natural antiseptic since having more troubling acne worries - I used to use it when I was 15/16 and had very few spots. Simply dabbing a little amount of the lotion onto the said spot made it disappear over night. Since using Tea Tree Oil again, I have found that little spots have gone and bigger pustules/cysts, which have only just come to the fore thanks to my period (great!), are enlarging. Is this because holistic treatments work on the basis of clearing the body and detoxing through the skin as opposed to the traditional medical model, which works on the basis of supressing infection etc?

I brought 100% tea tree oil and it said on the bottle not to apply neat oils to skin, did you mix it with something else?

I use it in my steaming bowl so it gets soaked into my pores.

Thanks. That's a great idea. Perhaps my skin is reacting to too strong a dosage?! I need these babies GONE. I'm 21 on Friday and am having a massive party on Saturday. Red marks can be hidden, blobby spots cannot! Be gone, be gone.

Unfortunately, tea tree oil didn't help my cysts either. The oil (used at 100% strength on the tip of a q-tip) did help to dry them up a bit faster, but did nothing to prevent new ones. :(

I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have a cyst slap bang in the middle of my left cheek. Not cool.

well i can add that i suffer mild acne and recently my only concern is the occasional deep cyst like pimple that pops up and also some hyperpigmentation. Currently I am trying to treat one small one and a deep white head (one that you can only see the head if you sort of stretch the skin (worst place the lip). I have applied the tea tree for 2 days, first diluted now undiluted. I must say I am quite dissapointed and see it having little effect on either and if anything just has made the skin more red. Althought I have only applied for a few hours at a time then washed. I am planning to apply overnight and see the effect. To also add I moisturise twice (morning and evening) with pure jojoba oil (which has had great effect in reducing the number of pimple i get). I normally apply the TTO after the jojoba (as it works as a carrier)

I am now waiting for my bottle of organic ACV to arrive as I have heard some of its success stories too.

Anything else anyone has tried to get rid of cystic pimple without too much irritation? For me so far BP, salylic acid, toothpaste, and possibly tea tree all as a spot on treatment have done very little. Also do cysts really go on their own, i have one cyst for almost 2 months now which has flatted but I can still feel a sort of hardened bump underneath, dont know if the infection is still there or if its just dead skin cells and bacteria underneath. Does the body not remove these via phagocytosis or do they HAVE to come out from the top?

In my case...

I apply tea tree before go to bed 3 times a week. Tea tree helps for me in little spots, white heads and wounds. Nothing more. I still like to apply 100% pure tea tree, but it's a pity that this doesn't help a bit on cysts...

To beat a cyst you must understand it.

Topical treatments only reduce 10% of the problem, cysts are located deep down so it must be addressed deep down. Here is what I do.

Take Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation (Desperate problems require desperate measures)

Tea Tree oil/BP.

No sugar or Hydrogenated oil (More Green Stuff like smoothies)

Try finding the trigger, mine is causes by any kind of sugar, pumpkin was my last one.

Try looking for products that do the following.

Reverse insulin resistance

Eliminate Candida

Leaky Gut healing

Finally Bowel movement is essential, eat lots with fibre, big movements remove the biggest wastes.