Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helen_T

Bad Sore Throat + tane

Hi All.

I'm about a week into my accutane (40mg) and aside from some absolutely ghastly headaches, I have developed a REALLY sore throat.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is it a coincidence?

Thanks

H

Hi All.

I'm about a week into my accutane (40mg) and aside from some absolutely ghastly headaches, I have developed a REALLY sore throat.

Thanks

H

Hi All.

Thanks

H

It's not related at all. A sore throat is from infection or just coldness going down your throat.

Accutane has nothing to do with that.

Well it could possibly be related. The first week I was on accutane I caught a nasty cold that started out as a sore throat. It could have been a coincidence, except that I RARELY get sick - as in the last time was a few years ago. I'm pretty sure that accutane lowers your immune defenses, so it can make it easier for you to catch a cold. I also had headaches in the beginning, but I got over the cold and the headaches.

I think that some people's bodies freak out a little at the beginning and then adjust after a little while.

It's not related at all. A sore throat is from infection or just coldness going down your throat.

Accutane has nothing to do with that.

Accutane isn't HIV or AID's lol...it's just a large amount of Vitamin A in layman's terms.

Do you know what drastic changes hypervitaminosis A can cause to the body? In layman's terms you REALLY need to stop telling people faulse information, it gives them the wrong impression of the drug. I'm glad you had a great time on accutane, but you CANNOT take your experience and say that everyone will experience the same.

Accutane isn't HIV or AID's lol...it's just a large amount of Vitamin A in layman's terms.

Do you know what drastic changes hypervitaminosis A can cause to the body? In layman's terms you REALLY need to stop telling people faulse information, it gives them the wrong impression of the drug. I'm glad you had a great time on accutane, but you CANNOT take your experience and say that everyone will experience the same.

0.95. Had to finish early due to increase cranial pressure.

How did that realize that it was Accutane's fault? What did the doctor tell you specifically happened?

About a week in, I had a scratchy throat. all you can really do is hydrate. It should go away soon.

Accutane related? maybe, maybe not. deal with it and keep up the tane :)

HI there!!

I'm 35 years old and I also have been on accutane since December.Now I am experiencing some accuatane side effects like severe dry lips ,constipation and so on but the major problem that i having right now is svere sinusitis and sore throat.I have had the same condition for the past one month.I could not figure out what the cause is but i feel that accutane too can be the cause as i haven't had such sort of sinusitis ever in my life.

Plz tell me if any one of you have the same problem.