Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happyexceptforacne

Accutane and the dreaded flare-up

Hi all,

For those of you further into the Accutane treatment process than I am, when did you experience that flare-up that usually happens in the first month, and how long did it last before it died down?

I'm only at 11 days, but I am already flaring big time and hope it won't last long. Anyone have insight?

Hi all,

For those of you further into the Accutane treatment process than I am, when did you experience that flare-up that usually happens in the first month, and how long did it last before it died down?

I'm only at 11 days, but I am already flaring big time and hope it won't last long. Anyone have insight?

post-72953-1207319077_thumb.jpg

Expect a flare that last anywhere from two weeks to a month, sometimes more. Many stop breaking out after two or three months, some have to wait their whole course or even after before they stop breaking out at all. The initial breakout itself can last a month or more, but usually not that long.

Merged two similar posts and moved to Accutane forum.

i got a flare up 2 weeks in, lasted 2 weeks or so, then i got random flares for the next month or two, once u hit month three u notice a big improvement (from my experience..this is my 2nd course) u stop gettin spots and from there on in its about the redness dying down, for me anyway

keep at it, all the best bro

Hi all,

I'm on day 12 and haven't gotten a flare up, its really different for every person. The biggest thing my derm said was how active your acne is when your started. I've read around here its usually gone by the first month, but again its really different for every person. The best thing is just to wait it out.

I'm a week in tomorrow and I'm getting cysts already.. I have them all over my chin where I usually get them and one on my forehead. My derm says the first month is usually the worst. So don't worry, its not abnormal. Lets just hope it doesnt last too long.