Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minibex_2007

Had to quit. When do side effects disappear???

Hi guys

Sadly, I have had to quit Accutane as it was not agreeing with me. Accutane made my nose very swollen when I was on 40mg a day, so my derm decided to lower my dose to 10mg, However even though I lowered my dose my nose was still a little swollen (but less so). My derm has suggested coming off Accutane as he says that I am too sensitive to it and he is frightened that it may cause Rosacea. My derm has suggested that I have a break and then start Spiro to help with the oily skin.

I am just so nervous that I will be left with Rosacea and a swollen nose as I never had these before Accutane. Can anyone tell me when the side effects from Accutane disappear?? and does anyone know whether my side effects will be permanent??? (I really hope not!)

I am so upset because I went on Accutane to help my skin and now not only do I have my oily skin back I also have a swollen nose and chapped lips - I look so horrible I could cry!!!

Please write back, I really need your help.

xxx

No one can say for sure if the swolen nose and redness will go. But you have two things in your favour, one you were on a relatively low dose and two it is still early days and you have every chance of recovering.

You should consider time released doxycyclin (oracea in the US). This helps with the inflammation.

Best of luck to you.