Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sammiemc

Please share your experiences with Spiro & Taz

Hi there, I went to my new derm yesterday and she perscribed tazorac and Spiro for me to give it a try. I have very oily skin with large pores and I do have quite a bit of blond facial hair and a few dark hairs on chin that I pluck. I also break out basically anywhere on my face not just on the jawline and chin like most hormonal breakouts, so I guess I am wondering who has had experience with these meds and what their experiences are like. I would really appreciate as much feedback as possible. My derm days we should know in 2 months if it is working or not so I go back then to either up my spiro dose to 100mg (I'm on 50mg right now)or make a change. Thank you for your time and I hope you all are having a great day.

Sammiemc

Samm,

Congrats on the spiro- you are on the road to perfect skin. Spiro completely cleared my skin, oilyness is gone. Just today I had a friend comment on my skin and also tell me my pores are not large anymore.

I am on Spiro and RetinA (almost the same as Taz). 2 months may not be long enough to see a big difference. It was 3 months and 150mg before I saw big changes. With the taz, you are almost guaranteed an initial outbreak. If you can get on an antibiotic (I used erthromycin) for a few months, it will help.

I have been on spiro for 11 months now. I think my skin still keeps looking better, even though I have been completely clear since January. When I see my face in the mirror I am amazed. I never imagined having my skin look this good.

Cherie

Cherie,

Thank you so much for responding, I am very hopeful it has beena lifetime of battling acne, but never as bad as it has been in the last few months. It seems I am starting on v ery low dose, but I'm not sure if it is because of my size, I am only 5 foot 1 and about 110 lbs. so sometimes I feel they dtart em off low to see my tolerance. It has only been few days, but I am trying to stay positive. 2 months seems like a long way off untill my next appointment, but my derm did say she would up it to 100mg if it seemed to be helping just not completely. When you were breaking out was it just around the jawline and chin like they say hormonal acne is or did you break out all over. I will break out along the jawline and chin but also anywhere else so she wasn't sure if my condition was hormonal. I have noticed that it seems to have gotten worse since I went off the pill. It wasn't right away but increasing after about a year and it has now been about 2.

Again thank you sooo much and anyone else who has more expiences and info please so not hesitate to pass it along.

Thank you soo much,

Sammie