Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saul Goodman

Okay, so this is awesome but...

I still get the odd big-bad-mutha-under-the-skin-painful-fucker every so often. Its very rare, like every six months or something, but i have one right now and its sooooo painful. They always seem to be on my jaw line too. :wall:

I'm just wondering if there are any tricks of the trade that you lovely people could share with me on how to help this bad boy party crasher along in packing his bags and leaving town. He's been here here for two days and already outstayed his welcome.

Thanks in advance!

I still get the odd big-bad-mutha-under-the-skin-painful-fucker every so often. Its very rare, like every six months or something, but i have one right now and its sooooo painful. They always seem to be on my jaw line too. :wall:

I'm just wondering if there are any tricks of the trade that you lovely people could share with me on how to help this bad boy party crasher along in packing his bags and leaving town. He's been here here for two days and already outstayed his welcome.

Thanks in advance!

If I assume you are using BP. Then spot treat it 3-4 times a day. Only on that spot. Also, ice it.

i use the proactiv mask whenever i have one of those :(

but try what jm said..he knows what hes talking bout hehe :P

agree. the more bp the better :) best put 10% concentration on those kinds, though i never get them myself. If i do have a big spot, i just put on a mountain of bp on it when i can :) goes in 2 days

I completely understand your pain...I get them from time to time, too. When I have a painful one, I apply Ichthammol Salve 20% (also known as black drawing salve) at bedtime. After I wash my face, I rub some into the spot and then dab some extra on top (not rubbing it in)...cover it with a bandage so it doesn't stain your pillow, sheets, etc. It smells yucky, like tar, but after 1 or 2 nights of doing this, it brings the cyst to a head.

Most drug stores carry Ichthammol, but generally it is kept behind the pharmacy counter, so you have to ask for it.

This thing is still here... :confused: It's so painful and lumpy. I'm consodering asking my doctor to inject it. Anyone had any experience with that?

Over the years, I have had several kenalog (cortisone) injections. It's a bit painful at first (not a huge fan of needles), but the seconds of pain are worth the results. Within 24 hours, my zit/cyst was gone. Be prepared...it will appear larger after the injection, but will lessen as the hours pass...I made sure I didn't have any plans that night! :)

It is an amazing thing, but I only used it as a last resort. I don't recall any scarring or pitting - maybe just a dark blemish/mark, which eventually disappeared...I'd rather have a dark spot than the zit.

If you decide to get the injection, let us know how you make out...best of luck!

Thanks for the replies people! Your help has been great. Fortunately, the pimple in question is on his way out. It's shrunk a lot in size and doesn't hurt as much anymore. I think i'll just leave it alone and ride it out.

Thanks everyone!