Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkinBeingaDouchebag

Do you breakout when you sleep in your makeup??

Do you breakout when you sleep in your makeup??  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you? :o

• No
    • Yes, I get a few zits
    • Yes, I breakout horribly!

I know it's practically frowned upon to sleep in your makeup, but I can't help it! What I notice is that after I wake up from sleeping in my mu, my skin looks so much better! Scars are less visible, pores seem drastically reduced in size, and my skin looks so soft and smooth! I wish I could look like this everyday. :shock: When I wash my face, it still looks pretty good. Of course, when I wake up the next day it's back to its pos self again. :wall:

there are some gals here i know that sleep with em's silk dust on with good results. me personally, sometimes i'll sleep with my make-up on if i spend the night with my bf, but it's not on a regular basis. unless i don't use bp for several days, i don't breakout from it. i swear though, i will never stray from bp again.... i gave up for a few days, and it wasn't good news.......

YES. Even when I just nap in my make-up, because I am prone to drool in my sleep :whistle: , I find I have broken out!

Yeah, not horribly but you can tell.

Bleh, I ALWAYS wash my face at night but it's just hard at a friend's house where you end up passing out in your clothes/contacts/make-up.

:rolleyes:

well i don't really break out but my skin gets really dry and scaly from missing a dose of mousturizer

I sleep in my makeup once or twice a week with varying results. My recommendatiion is to complete your usual night cleansing routine and, if you don't want to wake up next to your significant other in a bare face (like a contestant on Survivor), try a tinted moisturizer in place of your ordinary moisturizer. You could also mix a small amount of mineral makeup with your ordinary moisturizer to add some color and coverage. After all, you don't want to wake up next to your partner with so much makeup on that you look like a frosted cake (e,g, Joan Collins).

sometimes when i do that i don't breakout AT ALL. but there was that one time a few weeks ago when i broke out HORRIBLE...possibily due to that one day when i slept in my foundation, but also could be hormones.. i'm not sure even. but its just not a good idea to sleep in makeup.

I I remember sleeping in my makeup couples times. But it's when I come home like at 3-4 am. Other than that, I never dare to sleep in my makeup. I feel dirty.

I've done it a few times, when sleeping over at my then boyfriends. I'd almost always get at least one pimple. He's now my husband, so I always wash it off now. =]

haha, I haven't done that in soooo long. But sometimes when you're drunk, or up late you just don't care about acne or breakouts! Actually now that I think about it my acne was WAY worse in my teen years, and that's when I did most of my sleeping-in-makeup! I don't party as much as I used to.... But still, my acne is far from gone so maybe there's no link

Everyday Minerals seems to agree with me, whether or not I forget to remove it. I don't ever notice breakouts from not removing it at night.

In the past I have definitely broken out if I wore makeup to bed. I was horrible at taking care of my skin when I was younger (no one really taught me how or what to do with makeup). I haven't tried it with my EM now, but I don't really want to lol. That would mean either skipping my regimen, which is so not happening, or doing the regiment and putting makeup on before bed. I prefer to not go to bed with makeup on, whether it really is bad for my skin or not. Better safe than sorry.

Now I DO wear Pearl Powder/Silk Dust to bed, but that isn't makeup. The tinted Silk Dust would be, but I do not use any tint. No tinted moisturizer, either.