Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freakky

Derm gave me mino and azelex

Okay so i was basically clear during the summer im currently 19 male...i started breaking out on my face quite a bit within the past two month and my back and chest a little as well... my derm told me to take mino 100mg 2x daily and use the azelex at night... im wondering if anyone has done this and if it worked for them??? THANKS!

Woah, a very identical regimen to one that I am on.

Right now, I'm taking 100 mg minocycline once a day, with Azelex twice a day. It's been working out very well, probably the best that I've ever come across (and I've been through a lot of stuff, Tazorac, Differin, Retin-A Micro, Duac, Benzaclin, Finacea, Doxycyline... ugh).

Anyhow, the Azelex can be a bit stingy if you're one of those rare people (like me), and you just gotta work yourself up to a tolerable level (I started off by spot treating, and then gradually worked up the surface area application amount).

I have some hidden acne on my chest as well, and those are nearly gone after a bit over a month of having taken minocycline.

It's a good combo, the best in my opinion, out of those things that I've been through.