Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

How much dressing affects appearence (GQ.com slideshow)

yep..dont like the tight pants either, for some reason it makes their heads look too big..haha could be the angle of the camera though..I dunno.

IMO #4 looks better in the first pic than in the 2nd too small PeeWee Hermanesk suit.. ;D

They all look better after BUT because their clothes are so much tighter they all look too thin for my liking. And I agree it makes their heads look huge. Also those tight pants makes them look like they have chicken feet. Not a look I like on guys for sure.

the guys from gq obviously had a certain look that they thought was cool and tried to squeeze everyone into it, pun intended

what they don't seem to understand about fashion is that there's no single basic look that suits everyone. you have to work with a persons strengths and body type. some guys can make that look seem easy and natural but most can't and at best will look like they're trying too hard.

just because somethings 'in' doesnt mean it will look good on someone. those guys all look slightly gay and way too similar. what they should've done was look at the basic style of the guy, combine it with his build/features/etc and then work out something flattering for that particular guy, not just buy half a dozen of whatever looked good on the mannequins in the fcuk store

i think they couldn't be bothered putting in any real work, so they just bought a whole lot of whatever shit was considered trendy, from the same store they obviously have a deal with, and crammed each and every one of those poor guys into it whether it was 'them' or not.

i mean even the fab five had their guys come out less gay looking than these muppets for fucks sake. the only one who ended up looking any good is the first one

Do people really walk around in clothes that are that clearly oversized? A trip to the tailors would of sorted the lot of em out. Maybe I'm just not hip(-hop).

rodd, but do you mean by they were all wearing the same thing? It was from untucked safari shirts, to jeans and blazers, to suits. It was well diversified. And this is just my opinion, but there was nothing really trendy there. Those were basic pieces of clothing. In 5 years, those outfits are still going to look good.

You guys really think those clothes are thin?? I think I've been wearing my clothes a bit too tight then. :huh:

But yeah, I understand how most of you guys don't like the style in the after pictures, but my point was saying how big a difference dressing better makes.

If girls wear form-ftting clothes why can't guys? Well I think it looks nice

anyways, it's very sexy. Guy number one on there is definitely the best

though, it's a nice change, very attractive :drool:

Yeah nice post. I was surprised by the photos but we all have that in mind that what people wears totally affects their image and self-estime. Look at the womens they are definitely a example...!

I am not the suite guy, at least till now! I love to wear trousers a bit larges and the opposite...thin shirts. That's just my style, i still like to feel a teenager sometimes. Nobody gives me my age... So i am fine with this...

You guys really think those clothes are thin?? I think I've been wearing my clothes a bit too tight then. :huh:

I don't think those clothes are tight at all! I hate the way most guys dress here. So sloppy looking.

wow, they looked way better in the after photos (minus the cocky poses)

the clothes were tighter, but also well cut, probably way more expensive. it's amazing how much better a well tailored suit looks than something that vaguely fits.

i'm not into the metro style, but a nice, sort of tight pair of jeans on a well built guy is drool worthy :gimme:

Here's what I got on prices: :wall:

Guy 1

Blazer- $2,025

Jeans- $450

Both by Dolce and Gabanna

Shirt- $168

by Steven Alan

Shoes- $820

by Church’s

Guy 2

Shirt- $295

Pants- $295

Both by Burberry London

Sneakers-$425

by Martin Margiela

Guy 3

Shirt- $415

Pants- $465

Both by Prada

Tie- $130

by Alexander Olch

Shoes- $375

by Ermenegildo Zegna

Guy 4

Suit- $1,050

by Neil Barrett

Shirt- $460

by Jil Sander

Tie- $125

by Band of Outsiders

Shoes- $300

by Geox

Guy 5

Shirt- $345

by Dior Homme

Tie- $123

by Neil Barrett

Pants- $225

by Rag & Bone

Shoes- $550

by Alden

Guy 6

Sweater- $780

Shirt- $260

Both by Salvatore Ferragamo

Jeans- $231

by Nom de Guerre

Shoes- $158

by Banana Republic

Here's what I got on prices: :wall:

Guy 1

Blazer- $2,025

Jeans- $450

Both by Dolce and Gabanna

Shirt- $168

by Steven Alan

Shoes- $820

by Church’s

Guy 2

Shirt- $295

Pants- $295

Both by Burberry London

Sneakers-$425

by Martin Margiela

Guy 3

Shirt- $415

Pants- $465

Both by Prada

Tie- $130

by Alexander Olch

Shoes- $375

by Ermenegildo Zegna

Guy 4

Suit- $1,050

by Neil Barrett

Shirt- $460

by Jil Sander

Tie- $125

by Band of Outsiders

Shoes- $300

by Geox

Guy 5

Shirt- $345

by Dior Homme

Tie- $123

by Neil Barrett

Pants- $225

by Rag & Bone

Shoes- $550

by Alden

Guy 6

Sweater- $780

Shirt- $260

Both by Salvatore Ferragamo

Jeans- $231

by Nom de Guerre

Shoes- $158

by Banana Republic

I love the 80's, but tapered pants and jeans are the bad side of that decade. Bleh! I totally agree, the tight pants make their heads look like lollipops. It's freakish! And something about seeing a guy's nips through a tight sweater makes my upper lip snaggle. But the guys in the office attire...wow. They really do look sharp.

lol @ the above post!

but yeah dressing really makes all the difference, those guys were already good looking, but you couldnt tell so much until they were in clothes that fit.

i dont get how everyone is going on about it being too tight because its not baggy (ewww) have you seen emo boys with skintight jeans? thats tight, what these guys have on is normal, perfectly tailored to their body shape. hot as hell.

I use to think guys in baggy clothes were hot, but now I've seen the light. I have to say, guys with a good figure look terrific in tight clothes. Totally sexy. I dig it.