Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I have very oily skin which Differin is helping to control. The problem is I have terrible flaking. I have used Complex 15 at night. I use Olay Complete for sensative skin during the day. I have also used Jojoba oil and have tried aloe vera mixed with olay.

I am wondering if I can use something like Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion to help get rid of the flakes?

I have tried exfoliating with a wash cloth. ouch! big nono.

I am looking for something that won' t make my skin oilier than it already is.

any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi. I have very oily skin which Differin is helping to control. The problem is I have terrible flaking. I have used Complex 15 at night. I use Olay Complete for sensative skin during the day. I have also used Jojoba oil and have tried aloe vera mixed with olay.

I am wondering if I can use something like Neutrogena healthy skin face lotion to help get rid of the flakes?

any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jojoba is incredibly good at making your skin oily, so I'd shift off that if you could (depends, you could also just spot treat with the jojoba). If you're a guy you could shave, that usually removes most flakes (or at least they did back on bp a few years ago), um, if not, you could moisturize at night and try not to have anything absorbent touch your skin during the day.

i use retin a micro so i have lots of flaking too, but with oily skin too. what i do is use a light moisturizer (clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel).. but when i wash my face i get it wet and rub my skin in circles and it gets rid of all the flakies. washcloths normally make your skin irritated.

any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jojoba is incredibly good at making your skin oily, so I'd shift off that if you could (depends, you could also just spot treat with the jojoba). If you're a guy you could shave, that usually removes most flakes (or at least they did back on bp a few years ago), um, if not, you could moisturize at night and try not to have anything absorbent touch your skin during the day.

Hey!

I use Differin too. Find "Eucerin" moisturiser great. Really stops the flaking. Although it's a bit pricey!

Just wanted to share with my experience. I used Differing in the past (along with Sodium Sulfacetamide wipes in the eveing) which worked great for me. Now I don't use these anymore, however I still have flakes on my face every day. For some reason rarely some days are better, so I wonder if diet has anything to do with it, but I could not find a pattern yet... What I do is put a moisturizer in the morning before I leave my house to mask/remove flakes.. But this is terribly annoying to do everyday, plus you cannot remove every single flake.. Besides the moisturizer makes the skin even more oily.. I guess it's something you learn to live with :))

have you tried exfoliating with a baby brush? its super soft, and you dont need to press hard AT ALL... it worked really well for me. i moisturized with cetaphil gentle moisturizer right afterwards. and.. i tend to get oily in my t-zone so i would blot my skin with a tissue to get the excess lotion off. it controlled my oil lots.

good luck!