Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi~ I'm considering getting a Facebook account but I'm a little nervous. When I sighed up to Myspace about 2 years ago none of my school friends went (I mean absolutely no one, even to this day) and the whole thing ended up being a complete waste of time. What's the point of going to a social site-thing if you don't have people to talk with? So I deleted my account, because I was too shy to get to know people outside my school. :redface: At my new school, it's a little better, I think about 7 of my friends from school go to Facebook (still no Myspace though, weird). And this year I'm a little more willing to get over myself and try and meet new people. ;D I'm even trying to snatch my mom's digital camera to get pictures soon (to put up for this site and for Facebook if I get it). I really want to meet new people and make friends from different places.

I'm a little shy, but all I need is a little pushing then I just can't shut up! :lol: I think what I like the most is when people ask me a whole bunch of random questions, because then I feel it's way easier for me to be outgoing~ I'm 17 now and my favorite color is blue! ^.^ Hey, I can't spoil too much, haha.

So to put it bluntly, who would like to add me? XP I'll send a PM to whoever does to confirm if I get one or not. Yay, meeting new people~

Guest Renelle
Hi~ I'm considering getting a Facebook account but I'm a little nervous. When I sighed up to Myspace about 2 years ago none of my school friends went (I mean absolutely no one, even to this day) and the whole thing ended up being a complete waste of time. What's the point of going to a social site-thing if you don't have people to talk with? So I deleted my account, because I was too shy to get to know people outside my school. :redface: At my new school, it's a little better, I think about 7 of my friends from school go to Facebook (still no Myspace though, weird). And this year I'm a little more willing to get over myself and try and meet new people. ;D I'm even trying to snatch my mom's digital camera to get pictures soon (to put up for this site and for Facebook if I get it). I really want to meet new people and make friends from different places.

I'm a little shy, but all I need is a little pushing then I just can't shut up! :lol: I think what I like the most is when people ask me a whole bunch of random questions, because then I feel it's way easier for me to be outgoing~ I'm 17 now and my favorite color is blue! ^.^ Hey, I can't spoil too much, haha.

So to put it bluntly, who would like to add me? XP I'll send a PM to whoever does to confirm if I get one or not. Yay, meeting new people~

do you really want to be like everyone else?

I just want to be liked. :redface: I don't want to feel scared of talking too much, in the fear that people will get tired with me. I want to feel like I can be open about myself, and I want to talk and talk and talk... I want to stop being so shy. _._

I understand how you feel buddy, if you want to add me, send me your name in PM. But we have to actually talk, I don't like adding names for the hell of it.

Only 7 of your friends have Myspace? Where do you live? Ethiopia?

I live in Montreal. o.o I'm new to this school and only a small number actually do social networking. Most of them prefer MSN chatting instead.

near: No problem~ I'll give you a shout if I sign up. ^.^

P.S. I know this isn't a popularity contest. I don't want to have like 1000 friends, or even 100. I know social networking is about keeping in touch with people, and having a lot of friends just shows how LONG you've been on the site and meeting new people. I wouldn't be able to keep in touch with 100 people... Lol. :redface: It just seems too impersonal and cold to me. D: I don't know how people do it to keep up with talking to so many people. o.o

Sounds good man. Don't worry, I don't even have 50 friends, and only about 30 from my school, but only because I make sure the people I add are people I actually talk to, for what good is having a social network link thingy if its for people you don't even talk to? Haha.

Sounds good man. Don't worry, I don't even have 50 friends, and only about 30 from my school, but only because I make sure the people I add are people I actually talk to, for what good is having a social network link thingy if its for people you don't even talk to? Haha.

Two words: mass emails.

Get a facebook, no one judges people on that so you shouldn't be worried. Besides, you'll more than likely get lots of requests from people you haven't seen in years.

Is it not that popular in Canada?

Thats the thing though I don't want many friends, and if someone wants to see me, they know my name, they can search me up.

Thats the thing though I don't want many friends, and if someone wants to see me, they know my name, they can search me up.

While a few may disagree with me, friends on facebook does not necessarily mean friends in real life (although it's a comfortable stepping stone for many to get there).

While a few may disagree with me, friends on facebook does not necessarily mean friends in real life (although it's a comfortable stepping stone for many to get there).

Lol why does it sound like you think that I think friends on facebook are genuine? Haha, i agree with you 100%, and I laugh at all these ridiculous kids woh need that many acquaintances to feel good about themselves.

Lol why does it sound like you think that I think friends on facebook are genuine? Haha, i agree with you 100%, and I laugh at all these ridiculous kids woh need that many acquaintances to feel good about themselves.

Oh ok haha I read your post and thought you didn't want that many fb friends because you didn't really consider them friends or something vaguely along those lines.

My b yo'.

Guest Renelle
Social networking sites are LAME.

agreed.

I only use facebook to keep in touch with friends. Why would you want to talk on facebook? That's what chat programs are for.

But seriously if you want people to add you. You gotta add them first. Its not one sided. Me personally I only add good friends. The rest if they add me then fine but if they don't I don't give a damn. All I care about are my close friends. Those other 'acquaintances' I don't care.

Social networking sites are LAME.

agreed.

I also concur. All it did was fill my email up with junk like some dumb movie quiz or "You're invited to blah blah" Who fackin cares? If I need to talk to my friends, I'll just phone or hang out with 'em. I wanted to cut ties with certain people too.

I find staring at idiots for fun a little annoying....

I also think you should never share to much information over the internet.

People still can't seem to understand that anyone can see what ever you post.

I recommend against it. Both facebook and myspace are for losers who can't deal with reality and whose lives revolve around anonymous comments by people they usually never see. When the comments are by regular friends that is even more pathetic. Bottom line, you will never see anyone with any sort of LIFE on those sites regularly. I go on myspace like once a month and facebook even less. Don't be a loser like most of the world.

Case closed.

:ninja:

I just want to be liked. :redface: I don't want to feel scared of talking too much, in the fear that people will get tired with me. I want to feel like I can be open about myself, and I want to talk and talk and talk... I want to stop being so shy. _._

Wow, that is rude