Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heyo

Sun and whiteheads....

So I've heard that the sun causes whiteheads... and I get them pretty easily (it's the main source of my acne).

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on how to prevent whiteheads in areas that you usually get them. I use BP and exfoliate 1-2 times a week which has helped but I still seem to get them kinda often. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know where you heard that. I have no idea. My best guess is you get some sun, it kinda drys you out maybe a little flaky and those stay in your pores and clogs? Someone will give you a better answer.

I went to a dermatologist years ago and the Dr. gave me a burst of light at the end of my appointment. I did this maybe 4 times, I think. I sat in a chair and he gave me a burst of light for about 30 seconds or so. It gave me a light sunburn. He also had me on Minocycline.

Of course that was 10 or 15 years ago, so maybe this doesn't happen today. I'm thinking the light dried out my oily skin. I didn't care for it because I'm very pale and don't tan anyway. I could go outside for free!

I think masturbation has a link with whiteheads and I know it has for me from experience.

As far as the sun causing whiteheads, I've gotten almost no sun the entire winter. When i drive, I avoid the sun with my hand and make sure the rays dont hit my face because I have some redmarks and i heard sunlight makes them worse. I can say with 100% certainty it doesnt cause whiteheads for me.

yea right when you first start getting sun again, your face(if acne prone) will get a few new white heads in the places where you usually get acne. I got 3-4 spots and they quickly went down in size within a day. This is normal.