Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sammiemc

HELP have a question about when a derm injects a cyst

Hello, I woud like to know if someone could give me little insight about having a cyst pimple injected by the dermatologist. I had 3 injected today and I have never had that before 1 seems to have responded very quickly and 2 others seem alittle smaller but haven't reduced in size completely. About how long does the process take and if the last 2 don't seem to be responding can I ask to have them done again? My derm watched them for a bit after she injected them to see if they needed more and she said they looked good. If I am just being impatient let me know they were injected about 12:00 this after noon and it is now 8:00 pm. Thank you for any information you can give me.

Sammiemc

I have no personal experience with this, but from what I've read, it looks like 24-48 hours. Don't know about re-treatment, though.

I noticed that my derm put me on a lower dose one time and they did not repond. I told him about it and he bumped me up a higher level of cortisone and they went by by.