Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omega23

Accutane for oil skin.

my acne has been all over the place, ive had small ones, and large ones like cystic acne for the last 5 years, ive had oil problems every day, not a day that i didnt have it. i have lots of clogged pores on my nose and what not and its really annoying...i just want to stop it forever now...

i currently use a shea butter body wash for my face to moisturize, works ok so far. then i use apricot scrub and benzoyl cleanser at night. its worked good, but i still breakout and it sucks.

questions:

1. how long does it take to finally see results?

2. can i tan a little here and there?

3. can i continue to use benzoyl(scared to stop) and scrub?

thanks

Does the shea butter body wash say "non-comedogenic" on it? If not then pitch it and find another moisturizer. Apricot scrub (and other abrasive things) and benzoyl will wreck your skin on accutane. I don't tan so I can't answer that one.

I was SO scared to stop using bp products (I was using proactive) but listened to the derm anyway and waited. I've had massive oil issues and used to go through 10 blotting papers or more daily while I was at work. My oil started going away about 3.5 weeks in and I haven't had to use them at all since the middle of my 2nd month. But it's different for everyone.

I use cetaphil antibacterial face bar to wash morning & night, neutrogena moisturizer for combination skin in the morning and light nite cream at night. That's all! Hope that helps, good luck! :)

Does the shea butter body wash say "non-comedogenic" on it? If not then pitch it and find another moisturizer. Apricot scrub (and other abrasive things) and benzoyl will wreck your skin on accutane. I don't tan so I can't answer that one.

I was SO scared to stop using bp products (I was using proactive) but listened to the derm anyway and waited. I've had massive oil issues and used to go through 10 blotting papers or more daily while I was at work. My oil started going away about 3.5 weeks in and I haven't had to use them at all since the middle of my 2nd month. But it's different for everyone.

I use cetaphil antibacterial face bar to wash morning & night, neutrogena moisturizer for combination skin in the morning and light nite cream at night. That's all! Hope that helps, good luck! :)

what about acne though? did acne go away within a few weeks?

the shea butter is a body wash by st ives oatmeal and shea butter body wash. smells nice, leaves face smooth. but skin still gets oily...

what about acne though? did acne go away within a few weeks?

the shea butter is a body wash by st ives oatmeal and shea butter body wash. smells nice, leaves face smooth. but skin still gets oily...

Completely depends. I know people who had huge severe cystic acne clear up completely in the first month and be clear the entire rest of the course (and forever after). To contrast that, I had mild/moderate acne with almost no cysts ever and broke out pretty consistently until about 2 or 3 weeks after I finished (so almost 7 months) but now my skin is absolutely flawless.

So, the only thing you can be sure of is that you will be clear by the end.

Also, exfoliate less and using something less abrasive. Seach this site for the baby brush method. Improper exfoliation makes your sebaceous glands go crazy.

I just started accutane. None of those bp products or anything ever worked for me. I'm extremely oily as well. The only regimin that worked for me was glycolic acid ("aqua glycolic" brand name) but I started tane for my cystic acne, which never was helped by anything. My face is really sensitive since I started last week. I want to tan as well but I'm not even going to attempt it until maybe my face calms down in a few months. I was using many oil obsorbing products (lancome's line and the glycolic acid). Now im using the aveeno products (the sensitive foaming facial wash and the moisturizer with spf) I have exfoliated once this week, however I use lancome's "exfoliance confort" which is less abrasive in my opinion than the apricot scrub. My oil has definately gone down this week. I'm still blotting (I used the clean and clear oil control sheets) but not nearly as much. Basically i'm babying my skin as much as possible and staying away from all that stuff, even my glycolic acid. Just letting that accutane do its thing.

I just started accutane. None of those bp products or anything ever worked for me. I'm extremely oily as well. The only regimin that worked for me was glycolic acid ("aqua glycolic" brand name) but I started tane for my cystic acne, which never was helped by anything. My face is really sensitive since I started last week. I want to tan as well but I'm not even going to attempt it until maybe my face calms down in a few months. I was using many oil obsorbing products (lancome's line and the glycolic acid). Now im using the aveeno products (the sensitive foaming facial wash and the moisturizer with spf) I have exfoliated once this week, however I use lancome's "exfoliance confort" which is less abrasive in my opinion than the apricot scrub. My oil has definately gone down this week. I'm still blotting (I used the clean and clear oil control sheets) but not nearly as much. Basically i'm babying my skin as much as possible and staying away from all that stuff, even my glycolic acid. Just letting that accutane do its thing.

yea im gonna go talk to the doc soon next week to get started hopefully. the only thing that really worked for me was 5% benzoyl, im been switching back and forth with tea tree oil, but im gonna stick with bp from now on and change up my SA use to see if the oily production will go down.

yea im gonna go talk to the doc soon next week to get started hopefully. the only thing that really worked for me was 5% benzoyl, im been switching back and forth with tea tree oil, but im gonna stick with bp from now on and change up my SA use to see if the oily production will go down.

talked to the doc, said i shouldnt take it in the summer. i asked not even low dosage and he said no, if it was going to stop the acne it would have to be larger dosage per kilo of weight.

im just gonna start tanning and continue using benzoyl hopefully everything clears up on its own, cant believe my brothers and sisters have no acne and my mom and dads skin is perfect but my is horrible.