Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi currently using colorstay liquid foundation to cover blemishes, but it applys kinda wierd, hard to get off.

what do you guys wash your face with before applying to help prevent newer blemishes/acne. plus, i also have oily skin so after a few hours my face is really oily....need help.

i actually just started using colorstay with softflex for normal/dry skin and it has been pretty easy to take off. i use purpose gentle cleanser, although it probably doesn't really take off every thing - if i feel there's still some makeup left, i use neutrogena cream acne wash which strips everything, or lush coal-face facial bar which also leaves your face squeaky clean...anyways it's getting too complicated lol, if it still doesn't come off try using cold cream or some other mineral oil based makeup remover. but i haven't had to use oil based cleansers yet. then as another step i use toner and a pretty good sized cotton pad to take off any leftover stuff.

as for preventing new blemishes i use proactive now. when i was a bit younger, in college, my face was super oily and when i used proactive it helped control oil A LOT. but now im approaching mid-20s (im 24) i noticed thay my skin is a lot drier. so i don't use proactive all over my face like i used to. but any 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment lotion will help control oil.

are you using colorstay for oily/combo skin? there's 2 versions: i guess the normal/dry version might be too moisturizing...

i actually just started using colorstay with softflex for normal/dry skin and it has been pretty easy to take off. i use purpose gentle cleanser, although it probably doesn't really take off every thing - if i feel there's still some makeup left, i use neutrogena cream acne wash which strips everything, or lush coal-face facial bar which also leaves your face squeaky clean...anyways it's getting too complicated lol, if it still doesn't come off try using cold cream or some other mineral oil based makeup remover. but i haven't had to use oil based cleansers yet. then as another step i use toner and a pretty good sized cotton pad to take off any leftover stuff.

as for preventing new blemishes i use proactive now. when i was a bit younger, in college, my face was super oily and when i used proactive it helped control oil A LOT. but now im approaching mid-20s (im 24) i noticed thay my skin is a lot drier. so i don't use proactive all over my face like i used to. but any 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment lotion will help control oil.

are you using colorstay for oily/combo skin? there's 2 versions: i guess the normal/dry version might be too moisturizing...

im actually using the light active stuff thats sweat proof. i need something thats sweat proof for running and what not in public. i may go up a tint in color because it doesnt seem to match or maybe im not seeing it.

I have the same stuff and I didn't like it at all. I felt like it was really hard to apply...kind of like it would just stick to my skin as I would try to blend it in. I guess what I'm tyring to say is it didn't blend in smoothly which is prob why it is is hard to take off. I use the regular kind on and off now (oily/combo skin type) and while it goes on a lot better there are quite a few people who complain that it's hard to take off. I use purpose cleanser too (two times) just to take off makeup and then I use products for my acne. I use the color "buff" and it's orange (the problem I have with almost all foundation that's noncomedogenic, supposedly) but I don't use it for coverage. I use it so my Everyday Minerals makeup has something to stick to but the orange still shows. So lately I've been mixing it with lotion so the coverage/color isn't as intense and this seems to work well. So maybe this will work for better application of the Active Colorstay and for somewhat correcting the color with both types. Sorry for the long winded answer lol

I love Revlon Colorstay, i use it when it's a special occasion and Everyday Minerals just doesn't have the staying power to keep me confident. I try to wash off Colorstay as soon as I can, when I get home using my favorite face wash and a clean washcloth. I'm paranoid about my face being clean before bed because I break out most from makeup that doesn't wash off well.

So at the sink or in the shower, I wet my face with warm water, then I put some face wash (doesn't matter what, the washcloth will do a lot of the work) on the wash cloth, then in circular motions, i gently buff my face with the washcloth. That gets the stubborn Colorstay off pretty effectively. And you're also mechanically exfoliating your face as well which I personally like because it smooths my face out much more. But be sure to be gentle with it, no scrubbing.

As for the applying part, what I do is I put the foundation on my CLEAN palm, then i squirt a small amount of Olay oil-free moisturizer next to the glob of Colorstay then I mix it together well with a finger, then apply. That way, the foundation isn't so mask-like and dry on your face (because it sinks into my fine lines that i didn't even know existed) and is easier to spread.

Hope that helps.

I forgot to mention baby oil melts off any makeup and it's [said to be] non-comedogenic. Just gently massage it all over your face and then gently wipe off with a warm, damp washcloth

I love Revlon Colorstay, i use it when it's a special occasion and Everyday Minerals just doesn't have the staying power to keep me confident. I try to wash off Colorstay as soon as I can, when I get home using my favorite face wash and a clean washcloth. I'm paranoid about my face being clean before bed because I break out most from makeup that doesn't wash off well.

So at the sink or in the shower, I wet my face with warm water, then I put some face wash (doesn't matter what, the washcloth will do a lot of the work) on the wash cloth, then in circular motions, i gently buff my face with the washcloth. That gets the stubborn Colorstay off pretty effectively. And you're also mechanically exfoliating your face as well which I personally like because it smooths my face out much more. But be sure to be gentle with it, no scrubbing.

As for the applying part, what I do is I put the foundation on my CLEAN palm, then i squirt a small amount of Olay oil-free moisturizer next to the glob of Colorstay then I mix it together well with a finger, then apply. That way, the foundation isn't so mask-like and dry on your face (because it sinks into my fine lines that i didn't even know existed) and is easier to spread.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

i was wondering what shade you use for colorstay. i got fresh beige in the beginning and it was way too dark and pink and i just exchanged with sand beige. i'm also asian with light/medium skin. thanks! =)

Hope that helps.

i was wondering what shade you use for colorstay. i got fresh beige in the beginning and it was way too dark and pink and i just exchanged with sand beige. i'm also asian with light/medium skin. thanks! =)

should i moisturize my face before applying? i find my skin does look dry once ive applied and doesnt look as natural.

its easy to take off now, but still finding it hard to apply so it looks natural because my skin looks kinda dry but every time i apply a moisturizer it doesnt apply well at all. probably because i dont wait long enough for it to absorb into skin...

i really need help here....

my skin is really dry even after washing so when i apply my liquid color stay active it applies kinda dry in places and makes me look old..

it looks better when my skin gets oily but i dont like oily skin lol....

i tried using a moisturizer before and waiting 10-15mins then applying and the colorstay wouldnt stick to the skin :S

what can i do?

hey i sturggle with dry skin and make up as well, the best thing to do is to try to cure your dry skin, instead of just applying make up differently, then make up will go on much better. invest in a really good moisturiser (eucerin in the uk, maybe cetaphil or complex 15 for america) and add some jojoba oil. it'll take a while for your skin to rebalance but the jojoba will really help.

if you're still finding your make up wont sink in, maybe try a primer (there's a recent thread about this) and id also recommend finding a good make up brush. often with liquid if you just pat it on with your fingers it wont feel like it absorbs properly (which is good for dry skin sometimes!) so getting a good brush can really help it set properly. good luck!