Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stellarmagic

Plastic Surgeon

I went to a Plastic Surgeon today because the office told me she did TCA peels. When I got there she informed she had "other" peels, but felt like my dark skin color would be a problem. Then she told me my scars were indented but you couldn't really tell unless you looked for them. You may think this was nice of her, but she sounded so condescending. Then she told me she would do fillers on my indents, but I told her I couldn't right now since I was still in the process of getting needling done. She told me that I shouldn't do needling because it isn't safe blah blah blah. She wouldn't listen to a thing I said, and was so impersonal. I really hate some doctors, and I really think you should get a personality test before becoming one. Even if I could afford, her 600 dollar Restalyn shots I'm not going to go. Why can't people be a little bit nicer. Eeeh sorry for the rant. I'm just pissed off because I went there with such high hopes and was let down. I'm glad the consulation was free because I'd never give her a penny!

I had a similar experience with a Dermatologist a few years back. I went to see him with high hopes and left his office feeling really downbeat, not just with what I was told, but how it was put across to me.

I found that by using the internet as a search facility, I've been able to get treated by derms/surgeons who have a good reputation and are good at their job and understanding as well as sympathetic.. like Dr. Chu for example.

There's too many idiotic "professionals" out there who need some lessons in people skills no doubt.

I know some people who get into Med school (some really great ones too), and I pray to god I never have to go to them in real life. They are simple socially inept.

Anyway, remember especially if your young you have a lot of good progress ahead. Your skin is the largest and to some extent the most important organ in your body, so treat it well everyday, with the right nutrition, topicals and treatment, your going to have great results. I am in the progress of getting rid of scars of substantial depth, and I've only just started. With my current progress, I'm so confident I will be leveled to such that I won't ever have to worry about them that I don't even worry about them anymore now!

I know some people who get into Med school (some really great ones too), and I pray to god I never have to go to them in real life. They are simple socially inept.

Anyway, remember especially if your young you have a lot of good progress ahead. Your skin is the largest and to some extent the most important organ in your body, so treat it well everyday, with the right nutrition, topicals and treatment, your going to have great results. I am in the progress of getting rid of scars of substantial depth, and I've only just started. With my current progress, I'm so confident I will be leveled to such that I won't ever have to worry about them that I don't even worry about them anymore now!

Very good advice. Well, I'm 22 so hopefully that is considered young! I wish there was some sort of social test to make sure doctors knew how to talk to patience. I hope my skin does improve and it has from 2 years ago.

Very good advice. Well, I'm 22 so hopefully that is considered young! I wish there was some sort of social test to make sure doctors knew how to talk to patience. I hope my skin does improve and it has from 2 years ago.

I turn 22 in 2 months, so your good to go (still young) ^_^