Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
waffles

hi i'm new, need some suggestions

really glad i found this site smile.gif

i'm a freshman in college and my acne has really started to get crazy on me sad.gif

i had a little acne through hs but my senior year it started getting progressivly worse and now at colleg i really need to do something about it. sometimes i just can't make myself go to class because i feel so shitty about my face =/

but anyway, i tend to get these huge cysts i think on my chin and new ones sprout up all the time. I am currently using the clean and clear blackhead scrub on my nose and clearasil daily face wash everyday on my face.

i have that neutrogena on the spot stuff and i apply it to the cysts and pimples but it kinda just makes them red... what stuff should i get?

would help if it was over the counter as it would be easy for me to get. anything that works for a majority of you guys?? thanks.

:-k doesnt look bad to me,thats very mild.

Maybe you should take a gentle approach to cleansing and try Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser.

Can be used with or without water.

Just a suggestion anyway.

Yeah, your acne is very mild. Still really frustrating, I know. I would suggest maybe trying the regimen... It would clear you up very well I think.

Ya,its basic acne Vulgaris you have.The surrounding skin is pretty healthy so ur acne should be easy enough to clear.

The regimen would work on ur skin type,or even the Botchlas regimen.

Your's looks sort of like mine did. Try Dan's plan for a few weeks. It worked for me. And do your best to not touch your face at all. That was the hardest part for me.

thanks for the replys guys

the pics kinda don't do it justice, but its like huge red bumps, not like little pimples which really gets on my nerves. dans regime looks good but i'm not sure if i could buy a tube of that on the spot stuff every week... i also have a bunch of red marks where i geusss old acne used to be

have you guys used and clearasil washes? i kinda like the clearasil wash so i geuss ill try their "3 in 1" type thing. i'll also have a look at that cetaphyl stuff, is that just a wash or is that all i need? any more suggestions would be great. thanks guys! O:)

If you don't want to spend the money for a tube of On the Spot every week (I feel the pain, I used to go through almost a tube a week and it's like $5 a tube), then maybe your skin could handle Botchla's regimen. In summary, it involves using two products: Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub and C&C Continuous Control (10% BP wash). You're already using the Blackhead Scrub, but maybe you should try using it on your whole face and not just your nose. If your skin is sensitive, you may not be able to tolerate the mix of SA and BP. I myself use C&C Blackhead Clearing Scrub and Benzaclin (which has 5% BP in it) and if I diligently moisturize, I don't have much of a dryness problem. Lots of people report success with Botchla's regimen, but of course it varies by individual, and I don't know if it works on cysts. Do a search for it on the boards and ask somebody who uses this particular regimen. By the way, Dan's BP is coming out in March or April and it's much more affordable than On the Spot. So if you try something else 'til April and it doesn't work, you can try Dan's regimen with his BP gel. You may not have any luck with over-the-counter products (particularly because you have pesky cysts) and then you might have to try a retinoid like Retin A or Tazorac. Treating acne is a guessing game. ](*,)

If you don't want to spend money (or time!) on a dermatologist, try going to your school health center. It's free and they might prescribe something for you. I don't know if they'd prescribe Taz because it's stronger, but they might do Retin A because it's pretty common and not quite as strong. I got a doc at my school's health center to prescribe Benzaclin for me.

If you don't want to spend the money for a tube of On the Spot every week (I feel the pain, I used to go through almost a tube a week and it's like $5 a tube), then maybe your skin could handle Botchla's regimen.  In summary, it involves using two products:  Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub and C&C Continuous Control (10% BP wash).  You're already using the Blackhead Scrub, but maybe you should try using it on your whole face and not just your nose.  If your skin is sensitive, you may not be able to tolerate the mix of SA and BP.  I myself use C&C Blackhead Clearing Scrub and Benzaclin (which has 5% BP in it) and if I diligently moisturize, I don't have much of a dryness problem.  Lots of people report success with Botchla's regimen, but of course it varies by individual, and I don't know if it works on cysts.  Do a search for it on the boards and ask somebody who uses this particular regimen.  By the way, Dan's BP is coming out in March or April and it's much more affordable than On the Spot.  So if you try something else 'til April and it doesn't work, you can try Dan's regimen with his BP gel.  You may not have any luck with over-the-counter products (particularly because you have pesky cysts) and then you might have to try a retinoid like Retin A or Tazorac.  Treating acne is a guessing game.  ](*,) 

If you don't want to spend money (or time!) on a dermatologist, try going to your school health center.  It's free and they might prescribe something for you.  I don't know if they'd prescribe Taz because it's stronger, but they might do Retin A because it's pretty common and not quite as strong.  I got a doc at my school's health center to prescribe Benzaclin for me.

another important thing-

only use the treatments on the areas that have acne (IE if its only on your chin, dont use acne washes on your cheeks). Cuz some of them may actually break you out on areas you've never had acne before, then itll become a vicious cycle as you try to get rid of them. Just a heads up

another important thing-

only use the treatments on the areas that have acne (IE if its only on your chin, dont use acne washes on your cheeks). Cuz some of them may actually break you out on areas you've never had acne before, then itll become a vicious cycle as you try to get rid of them. Just a heads up

anybody on the botchla regimine... do you was your whole face with the products or just the parts with acne??

i generally wash my whole face, because ive got redness/blackheads pretty much everywhere, itd be a real pain the ass to just not wash some of my face =/