Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i started ortho-tricyclen about 2 weeks ago. my face is clearing up alot...do you think this is from the medicine or just ironic?

i started ortho-tricyclen about 2 weeks ago. my face is clearing up alot...do you think this is from the medicine or just ironic?

If your acne is hormonal, there are some birth control pills that can actually help a lot. My endocrinologist actually put me on birth control pills to help with my PCOS, which was the underlying cause of my acne and other hormonal problems. So if you're noticing clearer skin, there's a good chance that your acne was hormonal and this is helping to balance you out.

My personal opinion is that it is the b.c. pills. I myself was on Orth Tri-Cyclen for years and my skin was almost clear (the occassional 1-2 blemishes, but nothing major).

After coming off them for good, I have had a contstant struggle with my skin breaking out. I am almost certain that most of my breakouts are caused by hormones.

I am currently taking Omega-3s which helps a lot, but my face still breaks out -- especially when I am stressed.

I actually have a pack of Ortho Tri-Cyclen right now and am debating starting them again... since I decided to go completely Vegan and tackle my skin issues with a healthy diet & supplments, I really would rather not use Rx medication and chemicals. :think:

If your acne is hormonal, there are some birth control pills that can actually help a lot. My endocrinologist actually put me on birth control pills to help with my PCOS, which was the underlying cause of my acne and other hormonal problems. So if you're noticing clearer skin, there's a good chance that your acne was hormonal and this is helping to balance you out.

geeky gal, how did you get tested for PCOS, i'm getting lab work soon....

*nervous*

I definitely think it's the BCP's. I was on Demulen and aldactone (a high blood pressure pill that clears acne in some people) and then later, Yasmin (which has similar properties to the two aforementioned pills) and got great results with it. My skin looked really good, and I only got the occasional pustule or cyst. I can't use it now, though, since I'm trying to get pregnant again, so I'm back to square one. Are you tolerating the Ortho-Tricyclin pretty well otherwise? I tried it for a couple months and I was a completely nutcase on that stuff! My libido was off the charts, but I was a total pyscho. My husband (who was my bf then) actually begged me to stop taking it. :lol: Anyway, I hope you're doing well on it and that you continue to get clear skin from it! :D