Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskins

Does height matter alot on guys??

Okay so im 17. I dono if il grow any more. Im 5'7. Im taller than most chicks. But alot of my guy freinds are taller. I weightlift, i dono if thatl stunt my height, but im too addicted to it now.

Will a girl NOT date me because im too short? Even if shez shorter than me?

is it a big issue? or most girls dont mind, as long as im taller than them?? Oh and its 5'7 without shoes ofcourse right. so yeah

matters??

I was actually thinking of posting a topic similar to this today! Personally, I've always said that I'd only date a guy who was taller than me (I'm 5'8), but I've started to stray away from that mind set. I think the older you get (although I'm only 20), you don't care as much about that stuff. And if you weightlift, then I can promise you that your height doesn't really matter because I'm sure you look really good. You could possibly grow some more too since you are only 17, but even if you don't your height is just fine! And I know tons of pretty girls dating guys that are about the same height as you. So no worries! :)

I do have a question for you, would you ever date a girl who (without shoes) was either the same height or a little taller than you? Also, any other guys out there can answer that question too. How important is it for the guy to be taller?

well, i'm 5'1 so unless he was an oompa loompa, height was never an issue. BUT, i've always preferred men who were at least 5'8 - i can't be even with them when i have my heels on. i like to look up, not straight ahead. my husband is 6'0 even......:wub:

Well. I don't like them too tall and I don't know why other petite to average height women do. I wouldn't want a man anywhere near a foot taller than me.

I'm 5'4" and my ex-husband was 6' and sometimes it felt like conversations were going on above my head. I think 5'10" is the ideal maximum height for me.

6'2'' BITCHEEZZZ!!!

For what I look in girls, I don't really care. They can't be taller than 5'11'' and 6'0'' is the limit and that's only if they're those tall runway model types, lol.

But I prefer shorter girls. I find it so sexy...

I'm 5'7" and I prefer guys around my height. But I've dated three guys who were a lot shorter--maybe 5'3" or 4". Not into really tall guys but it doesn't really matter that much.

Don't worry about your height--if girls don't like you because of it then they aren't worth your time.

wow it's really comforting to hear these replies. A few years ago I liked a guy who was an inch shorter than me and I didn't go for it because I thought that was socially unacceptable. Wow I was shallow.

haha wow thanks guys:D

and babds, to answer u'r question. I actualy like a girl at the moment, whose a BIT taller than me:P

It dont matter alot to me, as long as shez not WAAY taller. So yeah, its cool.

Another ques to you. How do the gurls like guy's bodys??

Buff. Slim? Just a little muscular? chubby . :think:

Well its a a matter of preference. Especially in your latest question about weight. I believe there was a poll on that not long ago?

I'm short. But I'm Asian so most people here aren't very tall. For me personally, if the height difference is not too much it doesn't matter but I don't like a guy who is too tall for me. Then I'd have to strain my neck to look at his face. :doubt: Also I like guys who are not skinny. Middle, buff, chubby..etc I don't mind as long as he looks good. And yes I know lots of people who are chubby and yet look good. My Bf being one of them.

But bottom line is..if she likes you, she wouldn't mind. If she minds then she's not for you.

Nah, it really doesn't matter. Some of the best looking guys I've come across are under 5' 8". I wasn't their type though.

Alternativista, I can so relate!! My current partner in crime is 6' and I'm a mere 5' 3.5" (gotta get the .5 in there!!) and it really is weird to have standing "discussions". I find it hard to believe he'll take me seriously because I'm sure I look like a fussing pipsqueak.

well, i'm 5'1 so unless he was an oompa loompa, height was never an issue. BUT, i've always preferred men who were at least 5'8 - i can't be even with them when i have my heels on. i like to look up, not straight ahead. my husband is 6'0 even......:wub:

I am 5'8. I like guys who are not too tall. But around 6'. Tall ones r okay too. But I never was in love with a really tall guy.

I dunno, I'm 5'5", and my boyfriend is 6', but I've never considered him tall.

I guess because I come from a really tall family....

My mom is the shortest female in her generation at 5'9". I have several female cousins who are 6'. My tallest uncle is 6'11", the shortest is 6'3". I'm the anomaly.

So, basically, most guys seem short to me, even though I'm not tall at all. I'm just so used to tall people.

I go for guys that I can kiss comfortably...tilting my head up slightly, but no stretching.

I have many friends who date guys who are as tall or shorter than them.

My best friend is 5'9" and her boyfriend is 5'7" or 5'8". Another friend of mine is 5'5" and she dated a guy for about two years who is around her height....maybe like half an inch taller.

well, i'm 5'1 so unless he was an oompa loompa, height was never an issue. BUT, i've always preferred men who were at least 5'8 - i can't be even with them when i have my heels on. i like to look up, not straight ahead. my husband is 6'0 even...... :wub:

I think I'm the shortest among here. I'm only 4ft11 and I don't think any guys are shorter than me. I prefer guys to be taller then me probably about 5ft5 like that or so but it is not really that important. My boyfriend is about 6ft1 which is way taller then me even if I wear 4 inch heels. Most girls wouldn't really mind I suppose as long as you are taller than them, she wouldn't mind, but then again, feelings are suppose to go beyond the physical appearance.

I'm 5'4 and my lover is 6'6

To me, there is no such thing as too tall. The taller the better

I'm 5' 9''. Guys that are way tall scare me. I like 'em to be around my height so we can more or less be eye level.

I'll never forget my date I took to Sadie Hawkins. He was 6' 8''. I felt bizarre dancing with him.

However, height isn't a deciding factor on whether or not I would be interested in someone. For me, it really is their heart.

I just feel more comfortable with someone who isn't towering above me.

Watch, now I'll end up meeting some really nice guy who's 7 feet tall.

I certainly don't care. You just can't talk about it all the time or obsess over it. If you have confidence it should make up for it :] but 5'7" isn't short to begin with...

Another ques to you. How do the gurls like guy's bodys??

Buff. Slim? Just a little muscular? chubby . :think:

I know he was referring to height. My post translates to: I hate short men. But then again, anything under 6'2 is short to me.

As for body type, I like a guy who has muscles that you can tell were not developed in a gym. They're more chiseled when they actually do something to develop them. Example: My guy has done martial arts for 20 years