Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which is better in terms of down time or could any of them cause more scarring, hyperpigmentation? I want to have scar treatment soon and i dont know what treatment is good for me. I have scarred pores, few ice picks and few boxcars. Which would help me to improve my scars??? To those who have tried these treatments please help me in deciding which treatment to do (by professionals).

Which is better in terms of down time or could any of them cause more scarring, hyperpigmentation? I want to have scar treatment soon and i dont know what treatment is good for me. I have scarred pores, few ice picks and few boxcars. Which would help me to improve my scars??? To those who have tried these treatments please help me in deciding which treatment to do (by professionals).

i would do dermarolling although i haven't done it yet it looks very promising. i am currently waiting on 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5 mm rollers to be sent to me will let you know how it works. as for TCA Cross i have done that myself only twice though and it yielded very little if any improvement. i may try it again but i highly doubt it.

if i were you i would do the dermarolling because there is no risk of further scarring urself on the other hand with 100% TCA u can mess up ur face real bad if you get the TCA on healthy skin. As for downtime dermarolling it will leave the area that was rolled red and swollen for a few days and for TCA Cross your face will scab up where the TCA was applied.

In terms of down time, needling, especially with a dermaroller is way better.

It's got virtually no down time, your skin just gets pinkish for a day or two.

In the past I've done several 20% TCA with somewhat good results. However, down time is about a week and during this time your skin doesn't look too good to say the least. I just could not afford this, so that's why I haven't done any more.

With 100% TCA CROSS, you really run a risk of making things worse, but I read many have had success with it.

I'd definitely would go with needling. There's really not much to it, so if you can't find some professional, you can just buy one and do it yourself.

Thanks guys for the input. I'm gonna go with needling. it seems more promising and no risk of further scarring myself so thats good. I have found quite a few doctors who does this and still looking for the cheapest program. Most come in 6 sessions. So hopefully after 6 sessions may skin have improved. And please update me on your dermarolling at home. thanks.

In terms of down time, needling, especially with a dermaroller is way better.

It's got virtually no down time, your skin just gets pinkish for a day or two.

So no downtime is for which type of roller? I just got a 1.5 mm roller (dr roller) from ebay but I am wondering what kind of a downtime should I expect with 1.5 roller ?

I am a tattoo artist with specialized training in skin needling. The process is really rather gentle, and less damaging than lazer treatments.

It works by stimulating the body's natural wound healing reaction to produce natural collagen and elastin to "plump" the scarred skin to a more smooth texture. Nothing is injected. With microscopic punctures in the epidermis, Skin Needling is minimally invasive with little damage to the epidermis. Downtime is minimal and easy.

The advantage of needling is it is precise, not invasive or overly harsh, has a low downtime/healling time and is all natural- no chemicals or injections.

The problem with dermarollers is that is is random and you run the risk of increasing collagen in areas you do not want it increased.

Needling works for scars (depressed), light colored scars, stretch marks, large pores, and wrinkles.

In looking for a practictioner of needling, be sure s/he has some training.

Good Luck