Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne has subsided a lot, and now I just feel like i need a good exfoliator so my pores will stop getting clogged? Any suggestions? The less chemicals the better. I have extremely sensitive skin.

Most exfoliators do nothing for me. However, I got this recipe for an at-home facial exfoliant that works SO well on my skin. I have to do this either everyday or every other day for my skin to stay the way it should be and for me to be comfortable with it.

It's made of oatmeal, honey, and aloe-vera. You can also put ground almonds into it if they don't irritate your skin.

My recipe has the exact amounts, but I don't follow measurements anymore and it's fine. I tend to pour a bit of oatmeal (approx 1/8-1/4 cup) into a bowl, squeeze honey onto the oatmeal (approx 1-1.5tbsp), and squeeze the aloe very onto that (approx 1-1.5tbsp), and then mix the three ingredients together with my hands, which I always wash well prior to mixing. I get my face wet with warm water, and take some of the mixture with my fingertips little by little, and massage the mixture into my skin. All 3 ingredients make due for great exfoliating! Seriously the only thing that works for me.

Hope that helps!

My acne has subsided a lot, and now I just feel like i need a good exfoliator so my pores will stop getting clogged? Any suggestions? The less chemicals the better. I have extremely sensitive skin.

Plain old sugar - it's cheap & it's a great exfoliator!

Best i've ever used is baking soda with cetaphil gentle cleanser.

Just make sure to tone with something acidic afterwards to balance the ph.