Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I take a shower in the morning and I do my regimen immediately after except for the cleanser part. I usually doing the cleanser before I take a shower and then I hop in. My question is should I use the cleanser while I am in the shower instead of right before? I can't help but think am I like double washing if I cleanse before and then take a shower.

For my second question, If I use the AHA moisturizer every other day instead of once a day will it be still fairly effective at ex-foliating?

1. I just wash while I'm in the shower. I would think this would save you some time.

2. Yes, you can use an AHA lotion however your skin tolerates it. If that's daily, or just a few times per week, you can still benefit.

I hope this helps.

I cleanse in the shower at night. I usually do it after I'm done showering. SO in case I have any shampoo or anything on my face I get that off too. But I try not to get shampoo on my face.

I just wait until I get out of the shower and do it right away. That was I won't worry about getting shampoo or body wash on my face and I won't worry about it drying on me since you should put the bp on right when it dries. Since it only takes 10 seconds or less, it's really not that much longer. But whatever works for you!

I think it's a bad idea to cleanse before you shower. Like mentioned before, you might be able to get other unwanted chemicals on your face from a shower if you wash your head or if you touch your face. Also, the steam from the shower might even overdry your face if you just try to avoid it.

My own way of doing it is...

1. Shampoo/Condition hair

2. Use the cleanser

3. Wash the rest of my body

Kinda in order from top to bottom.