Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bumpypregnancy

how many women in here have visible pores on face

I dont know why but i am obsessed with my pores. Im 26 and the past few years i have notcied my pores on my cheeks. i think it was a hormonal thing and pregnancy that made them enlarge and get clogged, but i want to know if any other women stress their pore size or pore problems...and how old were u when u noticed yr pores...and with that what things do u use to minimize it...and what treatments can be used to not make it spread larger or throughout yr face. ive been using retin a but some days look better then others. sometimes i even wonder if its making my pores worse and scarred. well give me some feedback..peace

I've had large pores for as long as I can remember. My mother also has them so, I think it's genetic. I'm 22 and I also had bad cystic acne for 12 years so, I'm sure that didn't help.

I have gigantic pores! It pisses me off because I had nice skin in high school. Damn acne. I have noticed that my pores have really enlarged the last couple of years. I have read that Retin-A really does a good job. I actually thought about switching to that or green cream. How long have you been on it?

I think it's an age thing. I never had large pores until I hit my 30's now I really seem to notice them more. I definatly think that minimal makeup is the way to go to reduce the appearance.

ive been using retin a for about a few months...i dont really see it doing much. i have one side of my face worse then the other . i think because i have a lot of clogged pores and then when all the gunk comes out it leaves a stretched out pore.

I've had large pores for as long as I can remember. Plus scarring.

30 and large pores here. My fathers skin looks like an orange and he's in his 60's. Mine are around my nose and are spreading slowly across my cheeks. My mother is in her 50's and has practicly poreless skin. It's so beautiful. I'm just praying that I've got at least a BIT of her skin in me and that my pores won't keep getting bigger. I'm seriously considering getting a peel or something because between them and my indented scars - of course which are all on my nose and cheeks too I'm getting desperate. My skin is consistantly around 95% clear now so it's even more noticible to me.

I think I noticed my pores getting larger around 21 or 22. I've been using retin-a 0.1% for about a year and it hasn't really helped much. I only apply it at night, and my skin is always oily when I wake up (which is odd because I normally have dry skin). I recently started using these M.D. Forte II products that my new derm recommended. I like these products because they exfoliate all of the dry skin (more so than retin-a) without over drying or making my skin oily, but who knows how they'll fare in the long run.

I really started noticing my large pores when I was 22. I got a bunch of blackheads on my nose that I still cannot get rid of and huge pores on my nose too. I still havent been able to rid of them even with the use of a salacylic acid and mandelic acid face wash

i have large pores on the lower parts of my nose =( i think at one point in all our lives we've had flawless skin without any pores, but i guess after puberty the pores came out. i've never been able to get rid of the pores on my nose, but the pores on my cheeks (they were small though) seemed to have gotten better with salycylic + glycolic acid toners...

i have them all over my cheeks and pretty much my T-zone.

the thing with my visible pores is that there's sebum gunk in them...that make them look dirty. i told my dermatologist i want to do accutane. i hope that helps with shrinking some of my pores at least on top of getting rid of my many many many whiteheads and some blackheads.

I'm sorry you're not getting the results you were wanting. I've read a lot of reviews saying that it decreased pore size so maybe it's just a longer process for those of us with enlarged pores? Has your skin gotten more or less oily using the retin a?? I'd be afraid of getting oilier because that would just lead to more enlarged pores possibly. But thats just me and as you know I'm a paranoid mess about my pores LOL. Keep us updated and good luck!

Giant pores here :wavey:

I noticed them around the age of 13, around the time my skin started getting oily and I began to break out. By the time I started to get a handle on skin care, the pores on my nose had become so enlarged they look like pin holes, and I have a slight orange peel look to the inner area of my cheeks by my nose. Even though my skin is clear of acne, I know it will never be smooth and flawless looking...but few people have that anyway.

Retin-a has helped me though, as has using 15% mandelic acid (nucelle). I've been on retin-a for nearly a year and it has been a sloooow process, but it has made a difference. The mandelic acid has really helped move things more quickly. The problem is, once the pores are enlarged they seem to get clogged more easily, and keeping them clear is the challenge to diminishing their appearance. That's probably why some days your pores look better than other days.

Also, moisturizing really helps, even if your skin is oily. I don't know if it makes a barrier for gunk or what.

Put away the magnifying mirror & keep that car mirror up too! :D

everyone over the age of puberty has pores visible. some just larger than others. you dont see them on friends and such because your not leaning in one inch away from their skin like you do in the mirror.