Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boomers

dermarollers

I am currently looking for a dermaroller on ebay and i was wondering if there was anyone on here who could answer my questions about these rollers.

1. Are the expensive $500 rollers really better than the cheaper $60 ones?

2. If so why? (aren't they pretty much the same thing anyways?)

3. I read on another thread that some rollers are disposable and others permanent, but aren't they all disposable since the needles will dull after time?

4. What type of numbing cream is best to use?

5. Can you use 1.5mm yourself or should it be performed by a doctor?

6. How badly does it hurt?

thanx

1, 2 - They're pretty much the same. Some just have brand names the other are generic. I buy the generic and use the extra money for something else.

It's sort of like designer sunglasses, they cost like $10 to make and they sell for hundreds just because of the brand. You can get exact same quality replicas for a fraction.

Please note there are some sellers selling the generics for up to $500. Don't fall for this, just because it has a high price tag doesn't mean it's that much better. I've seen some sellers offering the generic dermaroller for close to $500 while other sell the exact same thing for just over $100.

3 - most are labeled as disposable, but the manufacturers say they can be reused for a year or two with proper cleaning.

The only one I've seen not labeled as disposable is one that is all metal. But this will also be disposable once the needles become dull. So it's pretty much like the other ones. :)

4 - It doesn't really hurt that much, so a numbing cream may not be necessary. I don't use one.

5 - Sure you can.

6 - I don't use a numbing cream, the pain is not much. The places where it hurts a bit more is on the forehead and temple area.

BTW, it doesn't hurt at all when you needle scar tissue only.

sweet thanks for the input tj im gonna get a 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 mm and needle my frickin brains out! i wonder why some people say that it hurt really bad tho.... hmmm mayb they have a low tolerance for pain

what kind of improvement have u seen tj? i reall y hiope this is the equivalent to laser resurfacing without the risk and $$$ :)

sweet thanks for the input tj im gonna get a 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 mm and needle my frickin brains out! i wonder why some people say that it hurt really bad tho.... hmmm mayb they have a low tolerance for pain

what kind of improvement have u seen tj? i reall y hiope this is the equivalent to laser resurfacing without the risk and $$$ :)

hey boomers can you keep me updated on your progress when you get the dermaroller? I'm 16 and have some scars and my face and I'm hesitant to try it even though I've heard sucess stories... I think it's because of my age and wonder if 16 is the age you should try something that might cause more harm then good..

boomers, I thought you already were using the dermaroller or doing needling since I saw you were recommending to use the 2.5mm and 3mm rollers on the other thread.

What kind of improvement I've seen? It's hard to put a percentage on the improvement I think I've gotten, but there's improvement.

I just started doing my third treament two days ago. I don't do the whole face at once 'cause I don't want my face to look all red/pinkish all over.

I do a different part of my face over the course of one week.

I've got a medium complexion so my face stays red/pinkish for a couple of days. It's supposed last less for fair skin, more like 24 hours.

I've seen pictures of some people who've had laser resurfacing and many times the improvement is minimal or none.

At least with needling you don't spend a fortune or run high risks of further damage.

Regarding the pain, people just have different pain tolerance, so some may need some numbing cream, others don't

This time I'm being more aggresive and using more pressure than the previous two treatments. At times, it did hurt quite a bit, but still tolerable.

If you've done a TCA peel, the pain is no worse than that.