Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
synapse_ita

Still no self-confidence after accutane

Confidence is not something you can obtain overnight. You yourself have to actively try to improve your confidence little by little. You have to believe in yourself. Having clear skin does not mean you get your confidence back immediately.

Btw you are not the least bit ugly.

Pursue social situations that you haven't been in in the past. Just gotta dive into the deep end in the social pool. You might feel awkward at first, but don't sweat it. Just be yourself and don't worry about what other people think about you. The less self-conscious you are, the more likeable you will be towards others. No one wants to be around someone who sulks around and thinks they aren't capable of anything. Put yourself out there and just enjoy yourself.

just go out. my face is pretty clear right now but ive lost all confidence and im slowly trying to get it back. socialaize with people, then youll get used to it and wont be afraid anymore. easier said then done but it has to be done

I'm on roaccutane and my skin was mild-moderate before I started. 6 months ago I had no confidence in relationships/dating. In other areas I'm confident and seen as a good leader on the sports field. Not with girls though. I was lucky enough to meet a girl who looked past my acne and I managed to build up more and more confidence with her as I dated her.

Now I find myself making chit-chat much more easily with girls I've just met. Like everyone says it takes time and practice but try not to get too hung up about finding a girlfriend, just try to enjoy life and get along with people.

Good luck (also congrats on being clear)

Dude honestly what you're asking is extremely complex. You're asking "How can I pick up girls?". Did you honestly think that once your acne is gone you can just have any girl you want? You need to improve your inner self big time before there is any chance of getting girls. Start hitting the gym (big confidence booster), buy some nice clothes, start talking to every attractive girl you see (practice practice practice) and after you get rejected like 20 times (I have no doubt about this since you seem to not have any confidence), you will realize that getting rejected is really not that scary and then you can approach girls with confidence since you really don't care if she rejects you.

Girls are renowned for going for personality rather than looks if that is what you are looking for but the fact that you don't think you can get a girl based on appearance alone is wrong. Place yourself in crowded areas (like restauraunts or bars) with some friends and see how you cope. Being around people in these situations breeds confidence. Go to a football game or see a band play and it will come back.

You weren't just suddenly gonna wake up brimming with confidence. It's a gradual process.

I completely agree with Mr.Jay! I'm a girl, I'm 19 and I really think confidence is everything. There are a lot of (pardon the term) "dicks" out there and my friends and I love it when we meet one of the goods ones. It's really true when girls say they look for personality first. And if a girl you meet isn't looking for personality first then you really wouldn't want to be with someone that superficial anyway.

Btw!! Some more words of encouragement... You know the singer Seal? He has some kind of rare skin disease where he developed these permanent scars on his face. It wasn't acne but he still has severe scarring. And still look who's he's married to! Heidi Klum just about the hottest woman alive! haha well hope that cheered you up.

I really think guys have it easier. Girls tend to be able to look at personality first, when I think guys are more superficial and just want a hot girlfriend who is acne free.

Even people with clear skin are afraid of rejection. Everyone is. You just have to take the risk. Good luck though.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but its sinking

And racing around to come up behind you again

The sun is the same in the relative way, but youre older

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way

The time is gone, the song is over, thought Id something more to say

Home, home again

I like to be here when I can

And when I come home cold and tired

Its good to warm my bones beside the fire

Far away across the field

The tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Hello,

it's been a while since i've posted here last time and, i don't know why, but writing this is taking me a lot.

Anyway,

i've been on Roaccutane for the last 3 months and few weeks and i'm almost done with it... my face is pretty much clear, at the moment i only have tons of red marks and scars that i can't see (because of the red marks hiding them). roaccutane has been a success for me, it's cleared me.

Let's get to the point:

Before starting roaccutane i was quite sure that, after being done i'd have been confident and, finally, being able to talk with girls and, why not, date them.

Well that's not what's happening, i still think i'm an ugly guy and no girl would ever date me etc etc.

Point is that my mind is SURE that i don't have enough skill to be with anyone.

I just can't, I'm not able.

i've bolted these two lines because they represent what i really think, mine is a ability problem

What do you think about this?

thanks

@Raquelle, thanks for the encouragement words :D and btw that Heidi Klum is really hot :P

@Duzzlight: that poem/song is very deep!!! whose that?

im going through something very similar to you i think. im 19 and just finished tane. my skin is clear, save the scarring, but im still so self conscious about how my skin looks from when i was not clear. i still have anxiety being around people. but i think by doing what you are most afraid of you will get better. in life its so easy to do what you are good at, but if you want to truly make urself better do what terrifies you, what you are most weak at.

hope that made sense. :)

im going through something very similar to you i think. im 19 and just finished tane. my skin is clear, save the scarring, but im still so self conscious about how my skin looks from when i was not clear. i still have anxiety being around people. but i think by doing what you are most afraid of you will get better. in life its so easy to do what you are good at, but if you want to truly make urself better do what terrifies you, what you are most weak at.

hope that made sense. :)

I not sure what Nicholas Cage movie this was from but you need his B.A.D Philosophy:

Balls

Attitude

Direction

but seriously confidence=series of past successes. Boxing trainers do this all the time to there trainees they put them up against lower lever guys(easy wins). Build there confidence for the big fight. Knockout the easy wins build confidence.