Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iloveblue

Difference between salicylic acid? AHA? BP?

Lots of "adult" products seem to have salicylic acid in them - how do other "adult" (ie. I am 35!) find these sorts of products?

Would you use SA and BP at the same time?

And what about using BP followed by AHA? doesn't that make your skin totally go ape?

Do you moisturise before or after your topical applications? I've been told both?

(and yeah btw I'm new, and got lots of questions!)

thank you SO much for your time. :)

Hmm. Here is my Two Cents:

BP - I used this as a default cream, but when a derm prescribed me a bar of this my face got super super red. It bleaches EVERYTHING, and I've hadn't had AMAZING results, so I never will use this again.

SA - It seems this is in EVERYTHING. Personally I don't notice any difference when i use SA product, but everyone is different. I feel like it would be most effective in a face wash, then concentrate on areas with something like Retin-A or another topical.

AHAs - Not a lot of experience with these, but Glycolic Acid made me break out like CRAZY.

I usually use topicals after I moisturize. It seems against all the directions, but I notice I get more even coverage and my skin doesn't get flaky.

Cheers

I use BP and SA... different brand and it still works ;/ i mean not sure i started using yesterday

but no dryness , etc

BP is 10% >_> and SA 2%..