Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey,

I'm currently taking 10g of pantothenic acid a day, and don't want to jinx it but am seeing results in terms of lowered oil production. My acne does take forever to heal, though, so I'm thinking of taking 50g chelated zinc a day to hopefully speed this up. Would this be okay and not cause any adverse effects? Would the B5 still work effectively etc.?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Are you taking B5 or pantothenic acid? I ask, because there is apparently a difference :shrug:

I've been taking B5 for nearly 8 mths and started taking zinc tablets about 4 weeks ago.

I believe I cut down my B5 dosage too soon after becoming clear, so I've now gone back to 10g a day and I have found the zinc does help with the healing of active acne :dance:

I'm taking pantothenic acid - I didn't realise there was a difference, actually. Thanks a lot for your help, and good luck with the B5 this time round :D I think I will add zinc to my supplements if it doesn't counteract the B5 in any way. How much zinc do you take daily?

Should be no bad effects, as i'm also doing Pantothenic acid/Vit b5 (which are the same thing). :)

I take 10 tabs in the morning then 5 a few hours later and 5 more a bit later again, I usually wait 2 hours before I take any other pills so I can know for sure that vit b5 has been 100% absorbed without anything washing some of it out.

I'll take Zinc with a vit c tablet, as Vit c helps to absorb.

I also take 800mg of Dim with a multi-vit tablets. :-p

My B5 are timed release from Holland & Barrett, so I'm not sure if zinc would interfere with absorbtion - but, like you said, I'll wait a few hours between taking the two to be sure. Thanks a lot, mate.

Que about the zinc, what type is best?

So far i have seen the following categories:-

• Gluconate
  • Ascorbate
  • Citrate
  • Chelated
  • Methionine

Do u kno wich one is best for the acne sufferers or are they all good?