Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monogato

Can I apply BP AFTER moisturizing?

Hi, I'm currently using Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment. It's nice and works pretty well but it balles up with my moisturizer(it's gel type) when I apply it BEFORE moisturizing.

Can I apply BP after moisturizing? What's the difference between applying it before and after applying moisturizer?

Well the point of moisturizing AFTER is to negate the drying property of the Benzoyl Peroxide. If you were to apply BP afterwards it wouldn't be as effective I'd imagine...

I know this isn't helpful, but I saw that someone else was applying moisturizer before BP. I dunno if it had any weird affects?

Dan would say to stick to the regimen, since it is tried and true. I would suggest splurging on Dan's BP as I had the same issue with the NeutOnTheSpot. It is MUCH better with Dan's BP! No little balls and much easier to apply (doesn't dry as fast)

Try to let the BP dry first ,let your skin absorb it and then apply moisturizer. This is to counter the dryness of BP. When your skin get dry ,it will reproduce oil and so stressing the skin to break out.

Try to let the BP dry first ,let your skin absorb it and then apply moisturizer. This is to counter the dryness of BP. When your skin get dry ,it will reproduce oil and so stressing the skin to break out.

So it's just to prevent dryness? I don't know it's rare case but I don't feel any dryness when I apply BP after moisturizing. I guess it's because I use really small amount.

I'd like to moisturize first if it didn't affect the effectiveness of BP. The white remnant of cream-based BP doesn't bother me because I apply BP only at night. Actually, I think I've heard somewhere that moisturizing before BP in fact helps BP to absorb into skin.

Thanks for the comments guys ;)