Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I just started accutane yesterday and had a few questions re vitamin intake and accutane. First, I realize that Vitamin A is a no no, so I was wondering if there are Multi-Vitamins that anyone knows of that do not include A?

Second, I have heard some folks singing the praises of Vitamin E, fish oils, flax seed, etc. First, I'd be interested to hear personal stories concerning the use of any of these vitmins (while on accutane or not) and your take on the vitamin's effect; and second, I wonder if any of you smart folks know if taking these vitamins during accutane is acceptable. My derm's a bit of a tool, and rather difficult to get ahold of, so I thought I'd go straight to the experts...

Thanks javascript:emoticon('biggrin.gif')

-JS

I'm sure they do make vitamins that don't contain vitamin A... my advice would be to go to a health food store (if you have one in your area) or even a pharmacist and ask if they have any reccomendations. A lot of the time they are really familiar with this type of stuff and will be able to help you find the vitamins that are right for you. biggrin.gif